Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPI near Porsche of Beechwood/Cleveland, OH?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 09:52 PM
jimf15e
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI near Porsche of Beechwood/Cleveland, OH?

Hi everyone. I've been searching for a 997.2 C2S Cab or C4S Cab for a while and think I've found one that I like, a 2012 C4S Cab in GT Silver w/ Black interior, PDK, and sport chrono. It's a CPO but I still want to have a PPI done - I live in Northern VA and want to get as much done in advance before I make the trip up there. I spoke with the dealer a bit today and he seems amenable to having a third party PPI so I did a quick search on this site and Steinels Autowerks seems to be the most often recommended indy. I talked to the dealer about getting the PPI done with them and he was very hesitant, stopping just short of saying no deal (a lot of talk about them being competitors, they tear their cars apart during PPIs, etc). I'd like to be reasonable and am willing to use another shop if there are any others recommended within 15-20 miles of Porsche of Beachwood. Any recommendations? Are there any mobile PPI services in the area? If there's no chance then I'll happily give an ultimatum of Steinels or nothing but want to hear what the smart guys here have to say. Thanks in advance!

Jim

Last edited by jimf15e; 02-17-2018 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling of Beachwood
Old 02-17-2018, 10:56 PM
avonted
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to eavesdrop on your thread. I live in this area and want to see what people say about this. Here is place to call. I do know they are a very good Porsche mechanic and fairly close to Beachwood. I would be curious to see what they say. http://www.galatiforeigncars.com
Old 02-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Would recommend against a mobile PPI in most cases unless Porsche of Beachwood can allow the mobile PPI guy to put it up on a lift. Many good options in the area including Steinels in Twinsburg which is a 30 minute drive, Autobahn Extremist which is out in Avon which is 30 minutes away. Personally, I really like Porsche North Olmsted and think their service is top notch. They are also 30 minutes away so I would just have the car taken to them and have them go through it. I actually saw this car in person at Porsche Beachwood and sat in it. Overall a pretty clean car and I do believe it had a clear bra on it also. Keep in mind that car has been sitting for a couple months so at this point they should be willing to allow you to do a PPI to sell it. Kind of odd that they are hesitant to do a PPI on it saying that they will tear apart the car. If you are about to buy it, I think you should feel comfortable with the purchase.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:48 AM
dgjks6
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 162 Posts

There are two dealerships in Cleveland. If you are looking at CPO in beachwood then have Porsche north Olmsted do the PPI

If the car is Porsche CPO I would not worry about it. Anything besides cosmetics is covered. But I would make sure that all service is up to date and all tires are new

I have not found an Indy that I like. For the air cooled there are a ton. For the water cooled I still use the dealer for stuff I can't DIY

Quick Reply: PPI near Porsche of Beechwood/Cleveland, OH?