Sponsored by:

Vehicle history

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 11:00 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,964 Likes on 2,044 Posts
Default Vehicle history

Does anyone have any input on this Carfax report? Looks like the vehicle was possibly sold and registered at a later date. Not sure if this would indicate a demo/loaner/executive car? My bigger concern with it being in the Georgia area would have been a driving experience vehicle. I have heard those are auctioned off, but not sure.

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2018, 07:44 AM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

it doesnt tell you anything about the car, I would call ellis and ask them for the service history
Old 01-03-2018, 01:58 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

When I attended the Master the Manual at PEC LA, I asked the instructor what they do with the cars and how often do they cycle through them. He said they cycle through them every year. I'm not sure how much truth there is but this looks like a executive lease, not a demo or public leased vehicle.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:26 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jim Ellis frequently has PCNA executive cars. They sell them with low miles and a new car or CPO warranty. This is a more likely scenario than it being an Experience Center car.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:33 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by okbarnett
it doesnt tell you anything about the car, I would call ellis and ask them for the service history
+1

T
Old 01-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Ben Z
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The only thing is, that Carfax is going to follow the car all of its days. Some people might not notice it, some might ask about it, and some might just think it looks fishy and pass. If I bought it I would at least want to get it clarified in writing from the dealer so I could show a prospective buyer there's a legitimate explanation.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,964 Likes on 2,044 Posts

Found out that it was a demo car at their dealer. Called up PCNA, and they confirmed that it was marked this way in their system and originally shipped to the dealer that I am buying it from. Decided to move forward with the purchase as it has the options I wanted, as well as CPO and original paint in good condition, verified with a paint meter. Anyone have any input considering the status of it? I figure considering the last owner has had it over 3 years and is trading it on another, if there would have been an issue it should have come up, and I have another 2 years of warranty. Also have all service records for the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Vehicle history