Sponsored by:

997 C4S Cabriolet Repair Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 04:28 PM
drewiswerd
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 C4S Cabriolet Repair Advice

Firstly I'll say I'm new to the Porsche world having been an AMG guy in the past. I currently have a Defender 130 that is about as opposite as you could get to a fast car and have had the speed itch that has really needed to be scratched for the past few months. As fate would have it, my friend side swiped his 2009 997 C4S Cab into a guard rail on the highway in a single car accident and needed some $$ so I bought it off him.

Visible damage is on the left front quarter, the door and the rear quarter. The undamaged passenger door doesn't line up so the frame has issues. The interior is great, although the driver's airbag deployed and the anti-roll bars popped up behind both seats. The engine was unaffected as far as I can tell and seems to run perfectly, but there are drive off and psm errors as pictured.

I would love to repair the car and enjoy it, but on a worst case scenario I'm confident I could part it out and not lose any money. I would love to hear comments/advice from those that have infinite more knowledge about this vehicle than I do because the last thing I want is to sink major $$$ into repairs if it isn't worth that effort. I've attached pics to help provide a visual perspective of what I'm dealing with.

All comments are appreciated and if anyone has fixed similar damage or can and can comment on what costs could be that would be great too!

Last edited by drewiswerd; 12-26-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:32 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Did his insurance company total it? If you want it pristine it seems the repairs will cost more than it will be worth, especially if it has a salvage title. If you have a body shop that will find used parts and make it drive-able you could enjoy it but don't expect in that case to ever get all your money back. It could still be a fun car to drive and that could put a smile on your face.

These are just my thoughts, I'm sure others can chime in.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:30 PM
drewiswerd
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No insurance coverage so it has a clean title. Any idea what price range you think repairs could cost?
Old 12-02-2017, 02:26 PM
docdrs
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

That looks like a big big job......curious as to what the

Quick Reply: 997 C4S Cabriolet Repair Advice