Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 08:40 AM
Wolfk
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vern1
My guess is that it would decrease torque but add some top end HP

Dyno chart for a base model 997.2 3.6
Solid line is all stock motor with third muffler delete.
Dashed line is same motor with addition of headers and high flow cats.
Ignore the jaggedness of the lines, we should have increased the filter value.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:39 PM
motodave4
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rwdds
I'm fairly new to the forum, and so don't want to step on anyone's opinion. I previously tuned a few other 'sports' cars (a '94 SVT Mustang Cobra, '06 Infinity G35 Coupe) with performance related engine mods and enjoyed wonderful improvements to those vehicles. I have personally, never dyno'd but recognize the empirical, cold valuation that numbers and charts offer to many drivers.

In my 997.1S for about 7 months and because I live 15 minutes from their facility, I went with Fabspeed. I started with their dual air intake, then the 200 cel catback pipes and finally an ECM tune for now. The improvements in the torque band, throttle response and overall acceleration are very noticeable and IMHO worth every penny. I am considering the GT3 throttle body/ plenum and then a retune. but for now I couldn't be happier. If you pay attention to all of the people on the forums who have done these mods, my take is, the vast majority are quite pleased.
who did your ecu tune?
Old 11-20-2017, 11:18 PM
rwdds
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

I stayed with Fabspeed. They use the MyGenius ECU Flasher for the read/write. The custom tune file was completed by one of their tech's, then emailed back for the flash. I noticed a significant bump in the lower power band immediately. Then a day or two later, I was very surprised during the first post-tune jaunt at highway speeds westbound on the PA Turnpike. A nice stretch of road opened up and the V1 was quiet, so cruising at about 75, I DS into 5th and banged the throttle. Wow! I swear, it felt like turbo boost with zero lag. A close friend has a '12 Twin-Turbo and while it we both agreed it wasn't the same, he was still blown away by the response.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Michaelc
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

How much does Fabspeed charge for the ECM tune?
Old 11-27-2017, 12:15 PM
rwdds
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Around $900 for the flash device and the custom tune file for my vehicle.

Quick Reply: 997.1 performance enhancements