Sponsored by:

997.2 brake drag

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 08:23 PM
kawhi_leonard
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 brake drag

I was looking into buying this 2009 C4S w/ PDK. I took it in for an inspection at an independent porsche mechanic, and he said there was some brake drag. He said he has seen this problem before in a few other 997.2s, but not 997.1s. He also said that in a worse case than mine, he tried replacing the calipers and that helped, but didn't fix it.

Has anyone else encountered this issue on 997.2s? Could it just be a lazy to engage PDK?
Old 10-27-2017, 12:24 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by kawhi_leonard
I was looking into buying this 2009 C4S w/ PDK. I took it in for an inspection at an independent porsche mechanic, and he said there was some brake drag. He said he has seen this problem before in a few other 997.2s, but not 997.1s. He also said that in a worse case than mine, he tried replacing the calipers and that helped, but didn't fix it.

Has anyone else encountered this issue on 997.2s? Could it just be a lazy to engage PDK?

Get a new mechanic. Brakes are easy to diagnose and repair. Either the caliper needs to be rebuilt or more likely the master cylinder replaced or perhaps some lines are kinked or something. It's relatively inexpensive repair. Perhaps the ABS module. Regardless any competent mechanic should have no issues diagnosing and recommending a repair.

The PDK has nothing to do with the brakes.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:31 PM
kawhi_leonard
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

> Perhaps the ABS module.

I think that may be it. I did notice the ABS being too aggressive under hard braking.

> The PDK has nothing to do with the brakes.

I meant more like, maybe it's not the brakes dragging at all. Maybe the clutch isn't engaging quickly enough from a stop and that makes it feel like the brakes are dragging.

Quick Reply: 997.2 brake drag