Sponsored by:

XM/Sirius on a PCM2.1

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 10:08 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default XM/Sirius on a PCM2.1

I recently read that you can toggle the PCM 2.1 to XM radio simply by simultaneously pushing the MAIN and TRIP buttons on the unit.

What is the procedure to get an account activated, if you can toggle over to XM/Serius? There appears to be some issues in getting service established in the little bit of research I've done.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:12 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by earossi
I recently read that you can toggle the PCM 2.1 to XM radio simply by simultaneously pushing the MAIN and TRIP buttons on the unit.

What is the procedure to get an account activated, if you can toggle over to XM/Serius? There appears to be some issues in getting service established in the little bit of research I've done.
Find out first if your car has the Porsche option code for the XM option - 686.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:38 PM
JustinCase
Racer

Received 148 Likes on 89 Posts

Sirius/XM was not available from the factory for the 997.1. However, it was an option for the Cayenne, which also used PCM 2.1. Therefore, I bought a Cayenne Sirius/XM receiver and installed it with my existing 997.1 PCM 2.1. It works well provided you place your antenna in a good spot -- most of the posts about this suggest a spot that works horribly. As far as switching to XM, all I do is toggle my AM/FM button. You get the following sequence: AM - FM - XM, and repeat. It shows up on the screen list like AM and FM do.

Once I had things this far, all I did was call up Sirius/XM, and they walked me through setting up an account and activating my receiver.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:10 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinCase
Sirius/XM was not available from the factory for the 997.1. However, it was an option for the Cayenne, which also used PCM 2.1. Therefore, I bought a Cayenne Sirius/XM receiver and installed it with my existing 997.1 PCM 2.1. It works well provided you place your antenna in a good spot -- most of the posts about this suggest a spot that works horribly. As far as switching to XM, all I do is toggle my AM/FM button. You get the following sequence: AM - FM - XM, and repeat. It shows up on the screen list like AM and FM do.

Once I had things this far, all I did was call up Sirius/XM, and they walked me through setting up an account and activating my receiver.
How easy is it to add? Do you need to code the device? or just add the module, antenna, and that's it?
Old 10-03-2017, 12:03 AM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 243 Likes on 152 Posts

I think it takes the place of the CD changer in the MOST fiber loop. I added the Nav TV XM tuner to my 997.1 when I had it. That MOST connector is a real PIA in terms of getting it assembled. If you have never done any car stereo or electronic installs don’t try it yourself
Old 10-03-2017, 03:29 PM
bdiamond001
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I added it to my 997.1 years ago. It was expensive but important to me. I added it 1n 2010 and the audio shop used a Cayenne receiver. Never had a problem

Quick Reply: XM/Sirius on a PCM2.1