Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Power Washer/Foam Lance for Ceramic Coat and Xpel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 03:10 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Nathan for the win as always. I probably will not be putting a mitt to the car since the truck will see rainy work days, and the motorcycles see most sunny days. From what I hear ceramic coatings don't ever really require a mitt as long as you use the appropriate nozzle. Thanks for that link, good info.

Check your FB messenger for some teaser pictures of the Turbo Nate .
Old 09-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Many do's and don'ts on the topic here:
What causes swirl marks in modern paint?
Old 09-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Hams911
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

First photo upload so hopefully it works but here is a picture to back up my wash procedure. Gotta love the depth of that pcar paint!
Adams car shampoo

power wash 15-25 degree nozzle to get road grime off
foam and then rise with 25 degree or just open ended hose
two bucket wash I really think the biggest difference maker is this step with the proper wash mitt or edge less microfiber...cheap microfiber scratches xpell or clear coat like crazy.
finish with open ended hose and watch the water just cascade off. Easy drying with blower or Adams drying towel. My 997 was paint corrected and I have followed this since and zero scratches or any signs of swirling.

Good luck!
Old 09-14-2017, 10:01 AM
yvesvidal
Pro

Received 119 Likes on 69 Posts

Try watching the Junkman series on You Tube.
Excellent stuff.

Yves
Old 09-14-2017, 06:56 PM
tuxkilla
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I ended up with the same pressure washer with the MATCC foam cannon (some of the cannons dont have the correct quick disconnect for the SunJoe pressure washers). I have just been using the meguiars gold class car wash and it works well. I usually use the 40 degree nozzle after I got the car ceramic coated (the dirt really just runs off). For a quick clean, I do a pre-spray, foam cannon, final rinse with the pressure washer, and then use an electric blower to finish things off.

Ceramic coating makes everything easier. I wish I would have done it sooner. If you use your favorite wheel cleaner and the 25 degree nozzle on your wheels in addition to the foam cannon, you can be super lazy and still end up with a clean car. Best of both worlds

Originally Posted by USNA12
Gents,

Buying a car that is getting a fresh ceramic coating and xpel front clip clear bra.

What kind of electric power washer/foam lance/chemical do you all recommend?

So far I have gotten the Sun Joe SPX3001 for washer and the MTM Foam Cannon. Not sure what chemical to use, should I just ask the company doing the treatment?

I will be using the for my upcoming 997TT, my truck, and all the motorcycles(not the matte black panigale) as well.

Quick Reply: Electric Power Washer/Foam Lance for Ceramic Coat and Xpel?