Interior trim colour

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 04:24 PM
mechanic wanabe
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior trim colour

Hi all,

I have a new (to me) 2005 997.1S in Midnight Blue with Sea Blue interior. The centre console is a bit worn and I want to paint it the same colour as the face plate of the radio/climate control unit. Parts of the steering wheel are also this colour. I have light silver door handles but the radio plate colour looks a bit more bronze to me. Eric at Bumper Plugs kindly responded to me that the colour is Volcano Grey Metallic - but looking at cars painted that colour I can't see it. Perhaps I need to eat more carrots. Does anyone know the colour? See pictures. The colour on the wheel is the part with the horn icon.
BTW, if anyone has a picture of their console in this colour please post.

Thanks.
Attached Images   
Old 08-19-2017, 05:40 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanic wanabe
Hi all,

I have a new (to me) 2005 997.1S in Midnight Blue with Sea Blue interior. The centre console is a bit worn and I want to paint it the same colour as the face plate of the radio/climate control unit. Parts of the steering wheel are also this colour. I have light silver door handles but the radio plate colour looks a bit more bronze to me. Eric at Bumper Plugs kindly responded to me that the colour is Volcano Grey Metallic - but looking at cars painted that colour I can't see it. Perhaps I need to eat more carrots. Does anyone know the colour? See pictures. The colour on the wheel is the part with the horn icon.
BTW, if anyone has a picture of their console in this colour please post.

Thanks.
Volcano Grey Metallic is not an exterior color. If you were loookimg at Meteor Grey Metallic, yes that's quit different.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:07 PM
mechanic wanabe
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior color

Thanks for the help, but I think Volcano Grey Metallic could be an exterior colour. See this link:

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...-metallic.html

My question was if anyone knows the colour of the interior plastic paint around my radio and climate control. It is also on the wheel where the horn icon is. There may have been various shades of silver used. Mine has a bronze hue for sure.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2017, 06:22 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 103 Posts

If that's the same color as your seat backs, Volcano is the right color, but not metallic. If so, do a search on "volcano", and you'll find someone who was selling small bottles of that paint color to touch up seat backs.
Old 08-19-2017, 06:54 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

We can produce the rear console in exterior finish - would look stunning.

The finish used for the matte Volcano Grey of the interior pieces is NOT the same as the exterior Volcano that Porsche has offered recently.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 08-19-2017, 08:55 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

you can always take a part to a auto paint supply store and have them match it
Old 08-19-2017, 10:52 PM
kcheves
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mechanic wanabe
Thanks for the help, but I think Volcano Grey Metallic could be an exterior colour. See this link:

https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-...-metallic.html

My question was if anyone knows the colour of the interior plastic paint around my radio and climate control. It is also on the wheel where the horn icon is. There may have been various shades of silver used. Mine has a bronze hue for sure.

Thanks!
That link was to a 2017 Macan. It was not a standard 997 color.

Quick Reply: Interior trim colour