Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird things left by previous owner, when you bought the 911

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 11:14 AM
wc11
Race Car

Received 154 Likes on 99 Posts

Prescription eye glasses (my god he was blind) under the seat and disc 2 of The Wall in the radio.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:33 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Nothing too exciting. Registration from previous owner that showed they paid the same price I did and I got it wholesale! Fifty cents and a lollypop under passenger seat.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:02 PM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Not my car but there was a thread on 6speed about an object hardwired and wrapped in black tape inside the fender wheel well of a recently purchased 997
I looked it up on 6sp
The ensuing comments are funny..
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...well-what.html
Old 08-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Driver's license, garage door opener, lighter, gum and receipt for the hooker.
Wife found a hooker (female kind) in the backseat, I told her it must have been left there by the previous owner. lol j/k.

Nothing exciting, just service records from the previous owner. My 997 was pretty clean when I got it. Smells and looks brand new.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:37 PM
ilikeyourmom
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
Wife found a hooker (female kind) in the backseat, I told her it must have been left there by the previous owner. lol j/k.

Nothing exciting, just service records from the previous owner. My 997 was pretty clean when I got it. Smells and looks brand new.

This thread is awesome!
Old 08-10-2017, 05:15 PM
L8 APXR
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I found two small audio recording devices in the passenger arm rest storage. One of them had nothing on it but the other one appears to have a somewhat muffled conversation between a man and a woman - I know the two previous owners were male so maybe someone spying on the wifey?? Or mistress???

My previous Pcar was a 996 40thAE. Shortly after I purchased the car I noticed a horrible rattling sound coming from the sub-woofer. I feared it was the speaker disintegrating so put it off for a while but then the wife refused to ride in the car until I stopped the rattle (not sure that is a bad thing but does impact my funding ability for DEs and fun parts...).

I finally removed the sub-woofer and opened up the enclosure....Thanks Obama!!

I assume someone must have thought the speaker vent was a good place to store this.
Attached Images  
Old 08-10-2017, 05:37 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Back,in 1995 I bought a used 1992 Caddy Eldorado...as my work car...I admit this embarrassing moment of my car buying history...anyany in the ski boot from trunk to back seat I found 2 VHS tapes...****..lol
Old 08-10-2017, 08:19 PM
ilikeyourmom
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RobbieVan
I found two small audio recording devices in the passenger arm rest storage. One of them had nothing on it but the other one appears to have a somewhat muffled conversation between a man and a woman - I know the two previous owners were male so maybe someone spying on the wifey?? Or mistress???

My previous Pcar was a 996 40thAE. Shortly after I purchased the car I noticed a horrible rattling sound coming from the sub-woofer. I feared it was the speaker disintegrating so put it off for a while but then the wife refused to ride in the car until I stopped the rattle (not sure that is a bad thing but does impact my funding ability for DEs and fun parts...).

I finally removed the sub-woofer and opened up the enclosure....Thanks Obama!!

I assume someone must have thought the speaker vent was a good place to store this.
Ha...I dk any liberals who would spend the $$ on a Porsche....mostly on Priuses. LOL....
Old 08-11-2017, 11:31 AM
KeepItTidy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few days after buying my 911 I was just poking around the car for fun and I found 3 till slips in the cubbie.
All of them were recent, all from petrol stations (with a few weeks difference).
All 3 were for some cheap GTX engine oil.
I went white and immediately got that empty feeling in my stomach.
Did I buy a lemon

I instantly turned into Sherlock Holmes and proceeded to build a timeline with all the info I had (when the car was sold to the dealer, the date of last service, dates on the oil slips).
To the best of my P.I. skills It seemed as though the slips were not for my car but I couldn’t be 100% sure.

Ive had my car for just over a year and done about 5000miles now.
In that time I’ve only had to add about 2 pints of oil so My ulcers have subsided slighlty
Old 08-17-2017, 11:41 PM
MichaelC4
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Bryan Adams cd in the glovebox cd storage. Two children's soccer chin guards under the passenger seat, same leg, different brands.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Fined
Three Wheelin'

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by m1a1mg
Not our Porsche, but a vehicle I bought from Ebay. I had trouble with the passenger seat not wanting to slide all the way back. Took the works apart and found a diamond ring. Took it to the local jewelers just to verify it was fake. Turns out it was the real deal. Got $4k on the spot. Paid $1800 for the car.

I think you've won
Old 08-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Instarand
Intermediate

Nothing physical was left. But they did leave behind all their previously used GPS destinations including home and office address!

Would it be unreasonable for me to show up at the previous owners office and demand he produce all the service documents that the Porsche Dealer refuses to hand over??? Just kidding. Sort of.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:45 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I found a pregnancy test strip under the seat of my old Ferrari along with a U2 concert ticket stub. The stub was pre purchase but I had a hard time explaining the EPT strip to the wife.

I left an empty .50 cal Beowulf shell casing in my old Range Rover. New owner was obviously not an NRA member. He called me a month later and screamed, "My child found it for @#%# sakes!" I replied, 'Relax........a .50cal is way to advanced for an 8 year old.'

My 997's previous owner didnt think to remove the sim card from the radio. So I have Nanas number if I get into trouble. I almost fairly certain 'Satan' is the previous owners Ex........But hell if im gonna dial that number.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:15 PM
ilikeyourmom
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by captainbaker
I found a pregnancy test strip under the seat of my old Ferrari along with a U2 concert ticket stub. The stub was pre purchase but I had a hard time explaining the EPT strip to the wife.

I left an empty .50 cal Beowulf shell casing in my old Range Rover. New owner was obviously not an NRA member. He called me a month later and screamed, "My child found it for @#%# sakes!" I replied, 'Relax........a .50cal is way to advanced for an 8 year old.'

My 997's previous owner didnt think to remove the sim card from the radio. So I have Nanas number if I get into trouble. I almost fairly certain 'Satan' is the previous owners Ex........But hell if im gonna dial that number.
If you didn't make these up, thats hilarious! If you did, you would be a great comedian! Im rolling.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:23 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is this exclusive to 911 deals?
My find included
1. Neil Diamond CD. Worse than Reba
2. a $1 bill
3. 73c in change
4. receipt from Golden Gate Bridge.
5. White thong size small (Thanks I found it instead of my GF.)

Quick Reply: Weird things left by previous owner, when you bought the 911