Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crazy idea, but I think it may work

Old 08-04-2017, 05:35 AM
AlohaCS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy idea, but I think it may work

I shampooed my Lloyd mats this week, but no matter how hard I tried or what product I used, the white "Carrera" stitching always remained a dirty gray and the "S" was a dull red. So I had a crazy idea. I went to the hardware store and bought a small bottle of Testors paint in white and one in red and I purchased a small liner brush, as well.

I trimmed the black carpet fibers around the lettering on a 45 degree angle with small scissors and then I painted the lettering on the mat. The photo is the finished product. Once completely dried, I may go over the lettering with a couple of coats of polyurethane to help protect the paint.

The paint may wear off over time, but getting enamel paint out of a pair of jeans or a T-Shirt is almost impossible so I hope the Testors enamel lasts for a while. The good news is that the lettering is not in a high wear area of the mat. My feet almost always rest in front of the lettering when I am driving, so time will tell how this works out.

(The "S" appears light pink in the photo, but it is actually bright red.)
Attached Images  

Last edited by AlohaCS; 08-04-2017 at 05:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:00 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

My mother used to make clothes for me when I was a kid. I would occasionally paint logos on them so the other kids didn't make fun of my homemade clothing. I would use Testor's model paint and it held up extremely well.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by AlohaCS
I shampooed my Lloyd mats this week, but no matter how hard I tried or what product I used, the white "Carrera" stitching always remained a dirty gray and the "S" was a dull red. So I had a crazy idea. I went to the hardware store and bought a small bottle of Testors paint in white and one in red and I purchased a small liner brush, as well.

I trimmed the black carpet fibers around the lettering on a 45 degree angle with small scissors and then I painted the lettering on the mat. The photo is the finished product. Once completely dried, I may go over the lettering with a couple of coats of polyurethane to help protect the paint.

The paint may wear off over time, but getting enamel paint out of a pair of jeans or a T-Shirt is almost impossible so I hope the Testors enamel lasts for a while. The good news is that the lettering is not in a high wear area of the mat. My feet almost always rest in front of the lettering when I am driving, so time will tell how this works out.

(The "S" appears light pink in the photo, but it is actually bright red.)
A bleach pen may work.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

I used a pressure washer on mine and they got pretty clean.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crazy idea, but I think it may work