Sponsored by:

Bimmerfest Racing Pictures and Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 02:17 AM
germanaudiotech
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bimmerfest Racing Pictures and Question

Hey guys, just wanted to share some pictures of me driving my 2004 Turbo at Bimmerfest today.

I also need some help choosing a coilover suspension with progressive dampening I can use for mostly aggressive driving, and occasional street driving. I don't want to spend $3k! Looking for value and a good ride. Ideas to upgrade the suspension?
Attached Images     
Old 06-04-2017, 04:39 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome, congratulations, looks like a lot of fun! You may want to look into some Bilstein PSS10's or used Moton Clubsports if you can find some. My good buddy Robert was there in his Blue Bimmer, maybe you saw him there. It's a modded 335I TT, it's so understated looking other than his big wing. But it's all business on track, yet still very streetable. Did you get a chance to meet and talk to him? I know it was probably a very well attended event so could be a needle in a haystack lol

Old 06-04-2017, 12:02 PM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 624 Likes on 479 Posts

FEAL is a super value especially since they include the upper camber plates and top hats.

http://fealsuspensionstore.com/produ...996-turbo-awd/
Old 06-04-2017, 01:02 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 451 Likes on 259 Posts

Awesome pictures!
Old 06-04-2017, 03:08 PM
germanaudiotech
Advanced

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Awesome, congratulations, looks like a lot of fun! You may want to look into some Bilstein PSS10's or used Moton Clubsports if you can find some. My good buddy Robert was there in his Blue Bimmer, maybe you saw him there. It's a modded 335I TT, it's so understated looking other than his big wing. But it's all business on track, yet still very streetable. Did you get a chance to meet and talk to him? I know it was probably a very well attended event so could be a needle in a haystack lol

Yeah, I saw Robert! I'm sure I have a picture somewhere of his 335i.

Some are telling me PSS10s are not that great, then you have these companies like BC Racing?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BC-Racing-Co...JZM1Fl&vxp=mtr

What is the difference?? I'd love to get an opinion from someone. I was walking on everyone in the straightaways, but around corners it was really sloppy, so I bought some Eibach sway bars and polyeurethane subframe bushings today. I need to get some better engine and transmission mounts... and a diff mount which I think I completely destroyed yesterday.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:10 PM
Sveach756
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

BC is makes a fairly competent coilover that is popular on a few platforms including bmw. They will valve and spring to requested specs and offer a remote reservoir option. The down side is the 32 settings makes for a large range of tuning vs others. BC will also offer linear springs vs the progressive pss10. My favorite all around coils were Kw V1s (no rebound adjustment the V2 adds adjustability)and my ASTs from my E36 M but they weren't much fun for daily driving around town at speed they worked great though. There is also ST who uses a KW body and I believe is produced by KW as a budget line.
Shawn
Old 06-04-2017, 10:52 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-05-2017, 01:49 AM
germanaudiotech
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sveach756
BC is makes a fairly competent coilover that is popular on a few platforms including bmw. They will valve and spring to requested specs and offer a remote reservoir option. The down side is the 32 settings makes for a large range of tuning vs others. BC will also offer linear springs vs the progressive pss10. My favorite all around coils were Kw V1s (no rebound adjustment the V2 adds adjustability)and my ASTs from my E36 M but they weren't much fun for daily driving around town at speed they worked great though. There is also ST who uses a KW body and I believe is produced by KW as a budget line.
Shawn
Everyone I talk to recommends KW V2 or PSS10. I talked to both KW and Bilstein at Bimmerfest and they both believe their product is superior to their competitor's... Then, I spoke with Vogtland who also said the same, and royally confused me.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:12 AM
Sveach756
Rennlist Member

You can't go wrong with any of those name, it just comes down to who you want to give your money to. Vorgland (typo) is based out of Dallas or Florida last time I checked, this was a few years ago when they merged with AST.
Shawn
Old 06-05-2017, 12:05 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by germanaudiotech
Everyone I talk to recommends KW V2 or PSS10. I talked to both KW and Bilstein at Bimmerfest and they both believe their product is superior to their competitor's... Then, I spoke with Vogtland who also said the same, and royally confused me.
Well I don't think any company is going to admit that the competitor sells a better product

I'm holding out for JRZ myself. Maybe you can find a second hand set in your price range, if so I'd go with those.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:54 PM
mark_schnell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool pics! My car came with Bilstein PSS9 lowered suspension, and I have to say that it has a great ride. It's really planted through corners. Not sure about cost or spec, but PM me if you want to meet up for a test ride.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:47 AM
germanaudiotech
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sveach756
You can't go wrong with any of those name, it just comes down to who you want to give your money to. Vorgland (typo) is based out of Dallas or Florida last time I checked, this was a few years ago when they merged with AST.
Shawn
VOGTLAND.

http://www.vogtland-na.com/en/index.php
Old 06-06-2017, 12:51 AM
germanaudiotech
Advanced

Originally Posted by mark_schnell
Cool pics! My car came with Bilstein PSS9 lowered suspension, and I have to say that it has a great ride. It's really planted through corners. Not sure about cost or spec, but PM me if you want to meet up for a test ride.
That sounds great, but I'm 300 miles away!
Old 06-06-2017, 06:24 AM
Sveach756
Rennlist Member

What I meant. https://www.vorshlag.com/ast_models.php

My bad
Shawn
Old 06-06-2017, 11:21 AM
s65e90
Race Car

Received 886 Likes on 599 Posts

Those FEAL look nice especially using the Swift springs. BC coils DO NOT come with top mounts so it will cost more for them. I run the D2 which are cheaper and honestly I've been pretty impressed. They come with pillow ball camber plates and I haven't had any issues. So much that my KW v3 are sitting on a shelf.

Quick Reply: Bimmerfest Racing Pictures and Question