Sponsored by:

Squirrely Steering

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 02:47 PM
tsky
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcbit
At 112k miles i would expect your shocks to be shot, mine were done by about 65k miles. The care drove at speed as if it was in a cross wind even though there was no wind. It would even move around during the drying cycle of a contactless car wash. I fitted PS9/ PS10 and the car became an entirely different beast.
Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking I'm ready for new shocks (and why I mentioned it). Maybe that is my next step.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:56 AM
treeman911
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Replaced all 4 tires. Initially drove fine, then started to notice sway at higher speeds. Checked the tire pressure and found that the front left was several PSI less than the other. Turns out I had a slow leak.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:33 PM
tsky
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just following up on my own post: I finally got around to taking the car in and my indy didn't like my front tires. They were quite old (7+ years) and weren't in as good a shape as I thought. They checked the tie-rods and said they were fine so we replaced the fronts and did a four wheel alignment.

Just driving around town it feels night-and-day better. I'm looking forward to getting it on the highway this weekend.

Cheers,
Old 07-29-2017, 10:38 PM
SeabrookPorsche
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Agreed

Originally Posted by tsky
Just following up on my own post: I finally got around to taking the car in and my indy didn't like my front tires. They were quite old (7+ years) and weren't in as good a shape as I thought. They checked the tie-rods and said they were fine so we replaced the fronts and did a four wheel alignment.

Just driving around town it feels night-and-day better. I'm looking forward to getting it on the highway this weekend.

Cheers,
I will tell you I had this feeling at 115+ MPH even after brand new OEM 997 Turbo Wheels and brand new Bridgestone Potenzas installed.

I Finally had a four wheel alignment done and all is perfect now.

The guy that did my alignment at NTB that had 20+ years of service experience said it was one of the worst he has seen in some time. It took him every bit of an hour, double checking everything and now it drives perfect. Best $89.99 I have spent in years....

Quick Reply: Squirrely Steering