Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Advice for My Test Drive Tomorrow!!!

Old 05-21-2017, 12:55 PM
BioBanker
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Congrats on everyone purchase. Not many things can put a smile on your face like bringing home a new to you Porsche Turbo. Enjoy!

regardless of how solid the cars are, prepare for at least $2-3k per year average costs to keep them running great. I bought my car the day after it's CPO expired from a lawyer who was very particular, and whenever something even didn't feel right fought with Porsche until they'd replace it. The list of items that were fixed on my car during his ownership is like a phone book. He didn't want to underwrite that list himself so he sold it once the coverage ended. I'm not talking about unusual items-just all the things that happen to these cars. But when I bought it it was absolutely perfect.

it didn't need much for the first couple years but if I add it all up now I'm probably at $4k/year to keep it perfect. If I ignore the cost of replaceing a complete aftermarket suspension prematurely because of one failed and unreplaceable part, Im down to $2500-$3000 per year. Canadian dollars where everything is more than in the US.

Great cars. They're remarkably cheap for how good they are but the costs to keep them working perfect are not.

Do do your own oil changes! Easy and hard to f up and it will save you a lot. My first oil change in this car was almost $400!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quick Advice for My Test Drive Tomorrow!!!