Sponsored by:

RUF/Atiwe Steering wheel wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 12:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RUF/Atiwe Steering wheel wiring

Hey guys,

I picked up a RUF/Atiwe steering wheel for my Turbo. I had a couple questions for those that have done this before. Planning to do the install tonight. The horn wiring I'm not sure what connections go where and the instructions included didn't address the horn wiring.

With the hub I was given 2 wires (pictured), both of which I assume go in the center of the black 6 pin connector on the wheel, these only fit in the 6 pin connector one way so that I understand, but what I don't know is where to wire them from here? There are 2 plugs coming off the clock spring, one with a black connector and the other with a brown. I assume one of the wires coming out of the 6 pin connector grounds to the hub tab? And the other wire goes to either the brown or black connector coming off the clock spring..(Which one?) and what do I do with the other connector coming out of the clock spring that I dont plug the wire into? Is this one grounded to the tabs on the hub?

As for the airbag wiring I was given a harness with the steering wheel that you're supposed to splice into the stock airbag connection.. does it matter which wire goes to which here?

I included some pictures of how I think it goes together...

Old 04-19-2017, 09:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

Thought I would updated to let everyone know I had the wiring correct in the OP. No airbag light and horn works! Hopefully someone will find this thread useful in the future if the same questions arise.

For now, heres some pics of how it turned out. Super happy with it

Old 05-21-2017, 04:53 PM
flipm3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great work on the steering wheel!
Can't wait to see this in person.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Sveach756
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the same wheel but a different label and it's great! These wheels have such an oem look without being "racecar" it's one of my favorite things I've done totally updates the interior.
Shawn

Quick Reply: RUF/Atiwe Steering wheel wiring