Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Bought the Speed Yellow '05 Turbo S?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 06:44 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Who Bought the Speed Yellow '05 Turbo S?

It was only for sale to my knowledge for a few days and was offered for sale at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer in Maryland, VIN WP0AB29965S685158 . Perhaps a trade in on a Viper? I first saw it on Saturday or Sunday and by Tuesday it was gone! This car looked like a STEAL at 50K. Had GT2 Front bumper, GT2 style rear wing, Moton Clubsport coilovers, Hardback Sport seats and some other mods as well. Was it anyone here who made the purchase? Congrats to the new owner! I was looking very seriously at the car and would have probably put in for a PPI had you not bought it! Yellow isn't my first choice in color, but this car was spec'd so perfectly for what I'm looking for, that I definitely could have lived with it. Congrats again to the new owner!

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 07-24-2017 at 05:33 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:13 AM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 259 Posts

Probably $10k under priced depending on miles and condition.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Bernard
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to buy the car myself on Sunday. I stopped by before C&C to take a look at it. It looked good. I went back when they were open and spoke to the sales guy he told me it had $20K in upgrades.

I asked if I could take a look at it? We walked out and he opened the doors and I saw that the hood and fenders were removed at some point, all the paint was missing on the bolts.

He then said I can't start the engine I said why? He told me the tech that did the oil change put to much oil in it and it smokes very bad.

He said on Monday the tech was going to drain and refill the oil.

On Tuesday I saw it in front of the showroom with the stickers removed and knew someone bought it.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:52 AM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Probably dodged a bullet not buying= thank the stars.
Old 11-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Bernard
Pro

Originally Posted by rmc1148
Probably dodged a bullet not buying= thank the stars.
I felt the same, I was glad it was gone.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:04 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bernard
I tried to buy the car myself on Sunday. I stopped by before C&C to take a look at it. It looked good. I went back when they were open and spoke to the sales guy he told me it had $20K in upgrades.

I asked if I could take a look at it? We walked out and he opened the doors and I saw that the hood and fenders were removed at some point, all the paint was missing on the bolts.

He then said I can't start the engine I said why? He told me the tech that did the oil change put to much oil in it and it smokes very bad.

He said on Monday the tech was going to drain and refill the oil.

On Tuesday I saw it in front of the showroom with the stickers removed and knew someone bought it.

It definitely was an interesting car that could be a great deal. Only 46k miles. When I asked about the car, they didn't seem to know much about what mods were on the car, but later said that there were several in addition to the slotted Brake rotors, exhaust and Moton Clubsports. I believe it probably had a ECU tune and a few other goodies. Interesting about the bolts. That doesn't scare me too much as it's possible that could have had a CF or Gemballa style hood or Techart kit or something. The GT2 front bumper and GT2 style rear Wing, certainly points in the direction that would make it easy to believe. A PPI certainly would unmask any accident damage if that were the cause of hood and fender removal. As for the overfilling of oil, that's actually a common problem with these cars. So the salesman was right, you don't want to run it overfilled or it can cause damage. They did the right thing on that one. But that certainly shows that people who work on dodges and Jeeps shouldn't mess with the more complex Porsche's unless they've got experience and read the books on how to do the work properly, even a simple oil change. But think about the ribbing that tech is gonna take from his other tech buddies hahah Jimmy, can't even change the oil, how are you gonna expect him to replace a radiator? lol

Honestly, I hope the person who bought the car comes on here and gives us an update. Hopefully they got a great car and they enjoy the heck out of it! I really liked it.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:41 AM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think anybody is going to be enjoying that car anytime soon. If the tech only drained the case, which is very likely, then there would have been close to 15L of oil in the car. If they new it smoked, that means they started it up. Damage done. For those that unfortunately had this happen to their cars, the repair costs were from several thousands of dollars to tens of thousands. The car probably isn't sold, it's probably sitting in a qualified shop, getting everything fixed and cleaned up.

Last edited by jeanmarcboilard; 11-12-2016 at 05:59 AM.
Old 11-13-2016, 12:40 AM
Rustler
Instructor

Received 146 Likes on 60 Posts

Exact same thing happened to a 996tt I was looking at in Denver this spring. specs looked good. was told it was getting inspected and oil change and I could check it out when that was done. well, never got a call back and I followed up with salesman, he admitted the tech (mercedes dealer) didn't know to drain block and sump and way overfilled. after starting it, damage done, I spoke with the local porsche dealer repairing the damage and the repair order was staggering, many many thousands, but worst of all, no way to know if there would be lasting damage, other than the passage of time. yikes.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:01 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Are there any other symptoms of overfilled oil, beyond the smoke? What kind of damage occurs?
Old 11-13-2016, 06:50 AM
jeanmarcboilard
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Are there any other symptoms of overfilled oil, beyond the smoke? What kind of damage occurs?
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-overfill.html
Old 11-15-2016, 05:40 PM
MD996TT
7th Gear

I actually work at the selling dealer, some guy who was in town for a conference bought it and asked us to ship it home for him.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:47 PM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Is that your VW Bernard? = looks very clean.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:08 PM
Bernard
Pro

Yes, 84 GTI

Old 11-15-2016, 07:44 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 130 Posts

lol, I was thinking the very same thing...nice
My first car was a 75 scirocco, later had 16v, etc....
Old 11-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by MD996TT
I actually work at the selling dealer, some guy who was in town for a conference bought it and asked us to ship it home for him.
So how is it working out for him...?

Quick Reply: Who Bought the Speed Yellow '05 Turbo S?