Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying 996 Turbo S vs 997 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016 | 08:26 PM
cdk4219
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dock
It seems like you are attempting to apply the word "special" as if it must be a consensus thing; an assessment that would be recognized/accepted by all drivers. But in reality, "special" is a subjective assessment made by specific individuals.

My 996 Turbo is in fact very special...to me. There isn't anyone who can change my mind on this, and there isn't anyone who can tell me that my opinion is not valid. I would also never demand anyone else feel the same way I do about my car.
And it seems that same "love" clouds the judgement as to which is a better car. It is simply a machine to transport, and the quintessential "Porshuh" owner makes it special to put it on a pedestal for self gratification.
It's a car, drive it, keep it nice, polish it, but don't think it's too special because of its name tag.
Old 10-27-2016 | 09:04 PM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cdk4219
And it seems that same "love" clouds the judgement as to which is a better car.
Why in the world do you think you're in a position to judge this??

It is simply a machine to transport...
For some people it is far more than that. Are you reading any of the posts here??

...and the quintessential "Porshuh" owner makes it special to put it on a pedestal for self gratification.
How long have you had that large burr in you saddle?

...don't think it's too special because of its name tag.
I don't.
Old 10-27-2016 | 09:16 PM
napoleon1981
Racer

[QUOTE=cdk4219;13691817I don't consider myself a Porsche guy (thankfully) just a car guy, it's just a piece of metal that drives down the road to me. Apparently to you it means much more, and that is concerning.[/QUOTE]

By that definition you are just a sack of 70% water, some minerals, and carbon nitrogen and oxygen atoms that pops up on a forum. Nothing more to me, don't think you are special.

/sarcasm off.

Sorry this one was just too obvious. With that type of reasoning nothing is special. I don't find it concerning that a car means something to somebody. Tbh people that care about nothing are the ones you need to worry about.
Old 10-28-2016 | 01:28 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

And it seems that same "love" clouds the judgement as to which is a better car. It is simply a machine to transport, and the quintessential "Porshuh" owner makes it special to put it on a pedestal for self gratification.
It's a car, drive it, keep it nice, polish it, but don't think it's too special because of its name tag.
Or spanks it within an inch of its life at every opportunity, sees stone chips as happy mementos, and considers things like windscreen glass, chin lips, bump stops, bushes and engine mounts to be consumables. Depending on the day, mine might be wearing:
- just her birthday suit for the commute
- kids' seats and a roofrack
- a tripmeter, banner and stickers for a closed public roads Targa
- mud wheels for a grass gymkhana
- or be stripped down to one seat with wider R-comps and spacers for circuit racing.

But no matter how much mud, sand, tar or soot she might be wearing, she'll always see me look back at her after parking. Each to their own - and good on those who just appreciate doing the commute in something so very capable - but for me special is what special does. And she just does it for me.

Quick Reply: Buying 996 Turbo S vs 997 turbo