Sponsored by:

Casting parts for wing pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 07:43 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greencalex
I was speaking more of the decisions that Porsche made regarding how to do the rams. The system that you sell might well be more reliable than the Porsche hydraulic rams, I'm just saying that the sort of electric rams that Porsche would have fitted might well have not had that advantage. While bleeding hydraulics is a pain, it is something that one does all the time with brakes, so it is not a major problem in my mind. One could of course just replace the entire system (which is also pretty easy), but obviously that gets pretty pricey...
the factory hydraulics is a closed system, not meant to be bled or rebuilt. Though after a multitude of failures Porsche did institute an after-the-fact bleeding procedure. Brakes are meant to be bled, have bleeder valves and a refillable reservoir unlike the wing hydraulics. I want to commend you on the cast part you made and it is a darn good thing every 996 or 997 Turbo owner no longer needs to go through what you did...
Old 09-08-2016, 04:49 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Dave I appreciate the product that you have designed, but please don't get argumentative every time someone shows how they fixed the OEM one. Guys will be guys and we must defeat this!

Having said that, most of us will probably end up with your product.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:58 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Rod
Dave I appreciate the product that you have designed, but please don't get argumentative every time someone shows how they fixed the OEM one. Guys will be guys and we must defeat this!

Having said that, most of us will probably end up with your product.
Wow, commending him is argumentative? I'm just presenting facts otherwise. I'd suspect few have researched this topic more than me.

Quick Reply: Casting parts for wing pump