Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone here buy the white/brown 996tt that was FS on 6speed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016 | 01:50 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

just so no one misinterprets this down the road, the following are responses from 911-AL to me before the 'nicer house' comment was even made. many of my posts were not even directed at him and he 'quoted' me and replied anyway.

this was my very first interaction with Al. clearly, i'm asking the current member why he is selling after buying it not that long ago. reasonable question that gets asked over and over again on this board.

Originally Posted by rsabeebe:
curious why you are selling so soon?

This car and the minerva blue 996TT that was featured in excellence are going to be all time great 996 Turbos.

I notice you don't own a 996 and therefore are maybe just a nosy hater?

Al

- honestly not even sure what a 'nosy hater' is.

Originally Posted by rsabeebe:
you dropped from $75k to $74k?? (you can't see the hiding emoticon here, but this was 'tongue in cheek' - you can see it here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post13317600)

i wish TX were smaller, so that another city in TX isn't necessarily a day's drive. damn state is just too big!! i really would love to see this car firsthand. i'm a sucker for one-off colors and Ruf components.

Is that too much for you? Can't afford it? You're obviously not serious otherwise you would have bought it already, right? Troll away dude, troll away.

Mike,

Let me know if he wants to buy it. If so, I'll outbid him by $500.

911-AL

Originally Posted by rsabeebe
if i only had the money to buy it... AND to drive the sh*t out of it!!
so much want!

I've actually been think about things to spend my money on. Decisions, Decisions...

this is now where i make the house comment (in date order):

Originally Posted by 911-AL
I've actually been think about things to spend my money on. Decisions, Decisions...

how about a bigger house in a nicer neighborhood.

oh, and for anyone who is interested in seeing how i was trying to 'negotiate... prior to building a relationship' - whatever that means - here is my entire PM to Al about his white tt:

Originally Posted by C4Sbeebe

hello,
i've been looking over your ad and would like to ask a few initial questions.
the car looks mainly/completely stock - have there been any mods done at all on the car?
how extensive are the records that you have? you mentioned something about being available on request, i think. i'd just like to know how complete they are first.
free of accidents, paint work?
any dings, scratches, blems worth mentioning that are hard to see in the pics?
do you have a gallery of pics? would love to see more detail on condition.
it's funny, i was just in chicago, but i don't think you had the car listed then. too bad.
i'll wait on additional questions until later.
thanks very much for your time.
rich

Hello Rich,

so, as Al has stated, it's all good... we have to all laugh...

just don't think for a minute my post about buying a nicer house was unprovoked. it's funny to me also that someone mentioned that Al has 'been a long-time respected member of both boards' and he has, since 2010. funny thing is, i've been a member of RL since 2008 and never have i had an altercation like this.

you guys who have already 'cheered on' Al in this thread can think what you want - knowing zero about me and this situation. i just don't want this to be misinterpreted moving forward.

back to the cars...

Quick Reply: anyone here buy the white/brown 996tt that was FS on 6speed?