Sponsored by:

Buying unseen because of distance

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 06:30 PM
Shred
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pranqster
Guys and Gals, Don't bust Callas until you find out what the quote was for. I have had a PPI completed by Callas, and it was worth a hell of a lot more than some $400.00 PPI's I have gotten on other cars. They have various levels of service they provide. I do not recall exactly how much mine was, but it was worth every penny. My PPI by Callas was very complete when they did my GT3. They did a leakdown, compression, complete ecu dump, checked total hours versus claimed hours via average speed, checked for shavings in oil and transmission, and ran a paint meter over the entire car. They even picked up where the ash tray was not properly closing. Then they spent an enormous amount of time over the phone explaining it to me. Obviously there are many ways to purchase a car. Callas offers a very complete PPI for those that want a very complete PPI. I looked at it as preventative maintenance. You do not get a second chance on getting a seller to fix items that are not working properly.

Regards, Pranqster
I use Callas for all my Porsche car's repairs that I can't do myself. I am currently driving a Boxster S.

I've read from a few of you that previous PPIs you paid missed this and miss that. I can bet Tony Callas will not missed a thing. They offer a comprehensive PPI if that's what you want to have.
I understand too, it depends on the price of the car if it's worth paying for that amount of details and attention.

Personally I wouldn't buy a P car without studying a full complete service history for a few hours, read all the forums for up to date info on the car and get a good PPI done. Preferably sold by owner and must see, drive the car and ride as a passenger.
I am currently also looking for a 996TT in SoCal.
Good luck
Old 06-01-2016, 11:32 PM
BenHay
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

As a quick update, I will have the PPI done mid next week at Powertech (NJ). Anyone dealt with them? They seem to have a good reputation from what I can tell based on my research

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Buying unseen because of distance