Sponsored by:

Found this gem of a thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 10:29 AM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by José Ferreira
A Boxster is a mini-911, and that's just fine. But it's no comparison to The mighty Turbo, c'mon!
i agree ( and a lotta turbo envy in that linked thread ha ). i think of the boxter as a bigger 914 less so a 911. lots of fun but surely no match.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:48 AM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbracerx
Looks like the Roush 'stang is a good dragstrip package. Post a link to your build thread on the LS1 Boxster
Yeah that guy was pretty cool! Bought it off the showroom floor for like $70K, 670+HP as he said they were underrated. He had been to a few of these events and finally on that run hit 150.1 for his first time!

My car was built with an LS3 crate motor with the optional GM "hotcam" rated @ 480HP and right now is essentially stock as I'm running the factory GM ECU and controller kit. Lots of room left to tune, although I need to get this axle situation a bit more well sorted and think I have a plan, going old school with 930 CVs!

Here is a link to the build thread, lots of pics and videos - http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell...onversion.html

Thanks!
John

Last edited by JJK78; 05-20-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:22 PM
highlander
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little late to this party but what the hay. Here's my 3c (inflation ya know).

I'm fortunate enough to own both an '07 Boxster S and an '02 Turbo. They are both amazing cars in their own right.

The 3.4l mill in the '07 Boxster S is a *huge* step up from the 3.2l in my old '01 S. It feels like there is more instant torque even than in the Turbo... until you start to ratchet up the speed.
I have found myself pushing harder on the throttle in the Boxster to go faster, but finding I have reached the max acceleration capability of the car. On the Turbo, I rarely need full throttle to achieve speeds that keep my me reasonable compared to the surrounding traffic. On the few occasions I "get on it", there is a almost always a significant braking event shortly afterwards.
When I get the opportunity to hit the back roads, the Boxster feels fast and I can really feel the car dance under me. The Turbo however is *seriously* fast and feels more like a sledgehammer. Way, way more grip. Way, way more "dig" out of the corners. And, of course, way, way, way, way faster.

I love both of them in their own way. The Boxster is certainly easier to drive. The clutch is light and precise , the shifts are light and the whole car just has an ease about it that is intoxicating.
The Turbo feels big and heavy. The clutch is...well we all know that story. Pulling away is a bit hit or miss depending on when the clutch decides to bite. 1st gear is a pain - way too short.

If I had to keep one though, it'd be the Turbo... and not because my wee toy Boxster is a "chick car"...

Quick Reply: Found this gem of a thread