Sponsored by:

Recommendations for Track Tire

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 01:12 PM
dmilzoff
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default Recommendations for Track Tire

After running at Pocono yesterday, I find that the stock S-02A that came with my car (18" stock wheel) are OK, but only OK. I would like to get more aggressive, ie. 2nd set of wheels with dedicated track tires. Anyone have experience with racing tires. What are your recommendations if I want to stay with stock wheel size?
Old 10-13-2003, 02:00 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pilot cups
Old 10-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I happen to have a set of custom 996TT aluminum race wheels that I will part with for MUCH LESS than the original price of $3,000.

They are 18" diameter and the maximum width that will fit the turbo without doing special tweaking. They have recently been trued & polished by a professional shop in Arizona.

For pictures look at www.ccwheel.com/cars/yellow_vette.htm - it's the same wheel as on this car.

Let me know if anyone is interested!! ryan@gaytanfoods.com

About tires - sport cup are the way to go for a combo street/track tire but nothing beats hoosiers for track-only tires.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:02 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

For all roound versatility I suggest the Pirelli P-Zero Corsa. It sticks way better than any street tire but less than a Michelin Cup or Hoosier. Unlike the former it can be used as a stret tire and it works even in rain. The Cups and the Hoosier cannot be used safely in the rain.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Track Tire