Site Sponsor

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

ViperBob is the man. Damn...
Old 10-14-2003, 06:32 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mooty,

No the Motons are not mounted unfortunately. That is this next weekends project after Thunderhill on friday There is a lot of work to do to get these installed with the remote reservoirs, and manufacturing your own brackets to hold things like brake lines and ABS stuff. I also had to buy a nitrogen tank and regulator in order to pressurize the Motons, which is kind of interesting. Since a small tank can keep these filled for years, I guess I will also be filling my tires with nitrogen from now on....
Old 10-14-2003, 08:02 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Do you have a roll bar in your car? If you do you could always mount the resevoirs there hehe.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to all for your responses. I'm a bit surprised that with so many subscribers to this Forum having the PSS-9s, that nothing has been said about this problem before!
Question: Are the Pss-9s fully and easily adjustable while on the vehicle. I bought some KONIs that were advertised as fully adjustable, but it turned out you had to remove them from the car to make any adjustment!!!
Thanks,
JP
Old 10-14-2003, 11:47 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Originally posted by sharkster
Do you have a roll bar in your car? If you do you could always mount the resevoirs there hehe.
Alex,

Yes, I have a rollbar and will be mounting the rear reservoirs there. The problem is how to run the line from the shock? On the 993TT there is a small hole with a plug already in the middle of the bucket area at the point where the back meets the bottom. This is a spot another 993 person used. But I have to pull my seats off to do this and then see if I can reglue them, or I need to buy some carpet and cut to fit. Oh and then I need to bleed the shock because I took the hose off the reservoir.

So lots of little things that will take time to accomplish and do a good thorough job.....

So what are you doing to your car now????

Bob
Old 10-14-2003, 12:58 PM
cobra06
Pro

No problems with my set, they're awesome. Art has had a few noises post install (I think an oil can sound) but fixed it with a Teflon or delran washer.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:34 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,490 Likes on 2,272 Posts

PSS9, at least on the 996's are hard to adjust. you have to move a bunch of stuff from inside the cabin to adj it. and the adjustment **** isn't very precise (it doesn't click at every detent) so you really have to see the numbers on the **** to know where you are at.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:21 PM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mooty,
Very helpful input. Thanks
JP
Old 10-14-2003, 08:12 PM
racer63
Racer

Default Back on that low speed PSS9 noise issue

Back to the original thread. What would this low speed noise sound like? I don't hear anything. But, I have a very strange "clicking" sensation in the steering wheel at very low speeds (and even while sitting still, turning the wheel from side-to-side). It is barely audible, if at all. It is just something that you feel through the wheel... It does not occur at higher speeds as far as I can tell.

It also occurs when the suspension is unloaded (say sitting on the rack), which would suggest that it is not related to the PSS9s... correct? Or not correct?

Thanks in advance,

-Donn
Old 10-14-2003, 08:51 PM
racer63
Racer

Originally posted by mooty
viperbob, thanks for the tip. i was very concerned about that very issue you mentioned. but it eventually got resolved...

is your moton mounted yet? that's going to be awesome!
Hi Mooty -

Can you provide a little more detail? How did it get resolved?

Thanks!
-Donn
Old 10-16-2003, 09:00 PM
tcracer
Advanced

Hi List, My name is Tony and I own TC Design. The issue on John's car (mooty) with the spring perch not being "tall" enough to hold the spring is not an issue with the PSS9 lower spring perch. It is longer than the Moton perch that viberbob posted a picture of his stock Moton lower perch. It is high enough to hold the two lower coils of the tender spring and I have not had an issue of the spring ever sliding off the perch. I have only found that the some of the 996TT and C4's need this modification due to a different upper strut bearing design.

The secondary issue of the main and tender springs sliding on the middle perch is caused by Bilstein not using the proper tolerances on the perch. I was able to weld material to the perch and remachine it to actually locate the spring.

-Tony
Old 10-17-2003, 09:12 PM
racer63
Racer

Originally posted by tcracer
Hi List, My name is Tony and I own TC Design. The issue on John's car (mooty) with the spring perch not being "tall" enough to hold the spring is not an issue with the PSS9 lower spring perch. It is longer than the Moton perch that viberbob posted a picture of his stock Moton lower perch. It is high enough to hold the two lower coils of the tender spring and I have not had an issue of the spring ever sliding off the perch. I have only found that the some of the 996TT and C4's need this modification due to a different upper strut bearing design.

The secondary issue of the main and tender springs sliding on the middle perch is caused by Bilstein not using the proper tolerances on the perch. I was able to weld material to the perch and remachine it to actually locate the spring.

-Tony
Tony -

Just curious. Did you install an aftermarket camber plate with the PSS9s on John's car?

-Donn
Old 10-18-2003, 06:22 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally posted by viperbob
Alex,

Yes, I have a rollbar and will be mounting the rear reservoirs there. The problem is how to run the line from the shock? On the 993TT there is a small hole with a plug already in the middle of the bucket area at the point where the back meets the bottom. This is a spot another 993 person used. But I have to pull my seats off to do this and then see if I can reglue them, or I need to buy some carpet and cut to fit. Oh and then I need to bleed the shock because I took the hose off the reservoir.

So lots of little things that will take time to accomplish and do a good thorough job.....

So what are you doing to your car now????

Bob
Heya Bob, well that sounds like a bit of a pain but I've heard if something can be done to a 993TT then Viperbob is the man to do it

In terms of what's being done to my car... well I'm not sure yet but we've been throwing some ideas about.
Old 10-18-2003, 04:03 PM
tcracer
Advanced

Hi Donn,

We used the stock upper strut mounts since John used this car primarily on the street.

-Tony

[
Just curious. Did you install an aftermarket camber plate with the PSS9s on John's car?

-Donn [/B]
Old 10-18-2003, 11:21 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Tony,

You are absolutely correct that the Bilstein perch has a taller inner collar. I personally do not feel that is enough to hold the spring safely when installing the thrust washers. Would you really drive with this on your own car? Would you take it to the track on a Turbo 996?

This is the moton with washers from the earlier post. The Motons use a 7mm inner wall on the spring perch. Clearly not enough to hold the spring.

Now here is the PSS9 perch with the thrust washers. The PSS9 uses a 9mm inner wall. Not very much left.

Since the stack height of the thrust washer is 5.1mm, even with the PSS9s this only leaves 3.9mm to hold the tender spring in place. I for one would be concerned about his on my car. That is why I chose to go the safe route.

Quick Reply: Problems with PSS-9s