Perfect day in VA

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 10:10 PM
Montescew
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Perfect day in VA

Hey Guys-

I'm not sure if any of you are new to the Northern VA area or have trekked down 50 towards Winchester in the past, if you have not experienced the drive I would highly recommend it! I generally pull my car our after the winter hibernation and take a spirited drive down this path. It makes one appreciate the car and what it is capable of. The drive definitely takes one’s mind of the everyday grind many of us deal with in Nova. I find it crazy to think you can be in DC in an hour or less at the right time from Middleburg. The drive always reminds me of being back home in the UK. A very good stress reliever especially on a day like today!!

I was recently contemplating moving close to some of my family in S. Florida, but realized after the drive this morning I could never do that. Florida is just a different place, i must be honest that it almost feels fake to me and everything looks the same and the roads are flat, so much law enforcement in Miami too. Some of the worst drivers I have come across, I could go on for days. Yeah the winters can be brutal at times here and frigid temps on a few occasions the past couple months. Days like today make up for it, i like seeing the change of the seasons.

I absolutely love my car after 7 yrs of ownership and the area i live, please treat yourself to this drive if you're from the area or visiting:

Last edited by Montescew; 03-29-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:18 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

I thought in VA they put you in jail for spirited driving...?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Montescew
Advanced

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
I thought in VA they put you in jail for spirited driving...?
I thought this would be the general consensus in most places within the US. Where I come from they rely on speed cameras which is much worse. The V1 helps out too. Thanks to it no tickets in 9 yrs.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:47 AM
Motorama
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HATE winters in the NoVa area but we do have some pretty amazing back roads. I just got my TT and can't wait to take her out on these.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:43 AM
Montescew
Advanced

Originally Posted by Motorama
I HATE winters in the NoVa area but we do have some pretty amazing back roads. I just got my TT and can't wait to take her out on these.
No doubt about it, the price we pay for perfect conditions. Congrats on your recent acquisition. Please consider this path as a break-in period. 😉
Old 03-31-2016, 10:54 AM
Chris996
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

YES...66 to Middleburg ...great rout. take a right at the halfway Y intersection .... Great cycling rout also....
Old 04-07-2016, 08:28 PM
jerry1847
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sadly I can't have my car up in Arlington now, would love to be driving out that way now.

But..... If you get down the the blue ridge parkway.... Probably the best drive ever, especially in the fall.

Quick Reply: Perfect day in VA