Transmission Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 01:55 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,852 Likes on 2,934 Posts

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
You're not that far away and they just repaved everything from out of turn 2 to turn 7!
That was 6 months after I got the car and all it had then were PSS10's, NT-01's, H&R rear bar, Tarett LCA's and hats, more neg camber, and a UMW tune on the K24's.
With that is was pretty equal to a stock 991 C2s on the same track, and could hang with most everything out there back then (still does).
Thank you for the invite, and I have to say you drive it very consistently, and it is a little more than mine is currently - I have the Bilsteins, tune and that's about it.

Where could I look at a schedule of dates?

Cheers,
Old 04-17-2019, 07:20 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
Thank you for the invite, and I have to say you drive it very consistently, and it is a little more than mine is currently - I have the Bilsteins, tune and that's about it.

Where could I look at a schedule of dates?

Cheers,
Bilsteins are great, I've put the HDs on almost every older car I've bought in the past.

You can register here and get e-mail notification on events near you:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....ent/login.form
I do a lot of the Proformance days because they run a clean program and my office is 20 minutes from the track.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:54 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,852 Likes on 2,934 Posts

Very nice, thank you. I will see if anything aligns - I don't think my driving capabilities are at your guys level, but it would be fun to wring it out a bit....

Cheers,
Old 09-03-2019, 07:04 AM
OK5IMON
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 911mhawk
In January I said "next couple weeks I'll be putting it back in...
Finally, it's in and I have almost completed the project. That sentence will be funny in a few months too, I'm sure.
I decided to go with the front of car placement for a transmission cooler.

Here's some pics of what I did to mount a pump. There's a nice bracket that holds water hoses to the transmission and I took it off to mount a plate of steel on that hold the Mocal pump. I still need to connect the filter and wires but the hard parts are done now. The trans cooling ducts clear this set up and you can access the fill plug without removing anything.

I think everyone would be grateful if you could show us how you ran your oil lines under the car and the route you took out to the front bumper.

I am currently having difficulty with this.

Cheer
Old 10-01-2020, 02:56 PM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by OK5IMON
I think everyone would be grateful if you could show us how you ran your oil lines under the car and the route you took out to the front bumper.

I am currently having difficulty with this.

Cheer
I'll go through some old pics and post what I have, it's a tight fit running dual -8 lines and especially challenging near the front where I followed the water pipes water pipes.
You're in luck however, This weekend I will have the bumper off to clean while cutting my radiator brackets for 275s and send the JRZs off for a rebuild.
Here's the parts list:

Quick Reply: Transmission Cooler