Sponsored by:

Used 996TT Warranty Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 08:39 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Used 996TT Warranty Questions

My quest for my 996TT has come down to whether I go for a 2001 or 2002 TT. A few questions my fellow aficionado's:

What's the difference between the 2001 and 2002 motors? I see that 2001's are described as - 3.6L H6 TURBO FI
2002's - 3.6L H6 TURBO SEFI

I would prefer to buy the car from an authorized Porsche dealer, even though I will probably pay more for the privilege. That being the case, what does "Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle" mean to me other than an apparent warranty extension?
I have noticed quite a few 2002's listed on dealer sites with low mileage that do not have this designation. Is this a must to get?

If I don't get a "Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned" will the balance of the original warranty apply? When does a warranty really start...Is it when the car was manufactured or is it when it was sold to the first owner?

I notice that many of you Porschephiles get new or practically new cars and you mod them right away...ie Evo, exhaust, headers, diverter valves(Don't know what they are) ect. Won't this void the original warranty? Or rather is it that these cars are so reliable, that it would be unlikely to have major problems such as engine, tranny, clutch?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated, since I get sort of nervous when I shell out 100K or more for a car and I make a bad buying decision. Beginner buying tips are most welcome. Thank you all...

Chris

Quick Reply: Used 996TT Warranty Questions