Sponsored by:

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised with Upsolute

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 09:04 PM
dkc-gt2
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow, I am pleasantly surprised with Upsolute

Since I trade cars often and knowing a TTCab is almost here I wanted to experiment with one of my current TTs. I had Jim Pitman in Tampa install the Upsolute chip. I told him that I planned on having a more serious shop work on my TTCab ECU and doubted that I would be happy with the Upsolute ECU. But knowing BCS996TT, Cobra06, and DJ996TT has had success why not try it for only $500.

My car was maxing at .7 bar before I got there. I have the K&N filter, and Europipe exhaust on the car. When leaving I was getting 1.1 bar consistantly. Traveling for 3hours coming home with long secluded stretches I was unable to trip the lights which are normal with all my other mods on cars. There is a very noticeable surge which feels stronger than an x50 I own. It does not have the punch of my GT2 however. I also found out that Upsolute does not do a good job on the x50s or GT2s at this point because they only use a K16 build and turn up the numbers without any thinking. I believe msindi was having these kind of problems with his x50

My point is that for only $500 installed you can not beat this. It is not what I will do on cars that I do keep but I am pleasantly surprised with this experience. Way to go Upsolute!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:52 AM
BCS996TT
Instructor

DKC...Glad to know you're enjoying the chip! My car is running very well and strong...holding 1.0 bar consistently with ocassional spikes to 1.2 and once to 1.3. You said that the GT2 has more punch...can you provide more details? I was always curious how I would stack up to a GT2 with the program. However, Iam more curious about comparing my car to a giac I or II...that's more of an apples to apples comparison.

In any event, for a decent amount of power with stock turbos, you cant beat it. Im hoping to get the car dynoed soon so that I can see what kind of numbers I am running. Regarding the X50 and GT2 platform, I heard that they do have a completely different set up specifically for K24 turbos. Prior to the recent release of the K24 program, I believe certain upsolute reps were raising the numbers based off the K16 application.

There are a number of Upsolute reps and based on that information alone, it's best to use personal references (if available) to select who you use. Some are obviously more knowledgeable than others about certain cars, etc.. Unfortunately for Msindi, he's had the worst luck.

For those considering it, I would agree with DKC to contact the NA rep for the best installer.

Once I decide on which turbos I am going to go with, I'll have to consider whether or not to stick with a custom Upsolute program or go with another program like GIAC. For now, Im content with the power...however the Sept NJ/PA meet may change things.

There will be some High HP Contenders that day! Geez, even a lowly 500HP TT wont be able to hang with the big guns.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

I am glad to hear that someone actually likes the Upsolute!!

This is the 2nd car I've had their chiptuning on, and I think that for the money, they can't be beat.

Just for kicks, I'd love to drive in a GIAC or Powerchip tuned car and compare it to my Upsolute. Everyone else says that their $3000-$5000 chip kicks upsolute's butt, but no one is willing to offer real evidence of the sort.

I wouldn't expect a $500 chip to be as good as a $3000 chip, but wouldn't it be cool if tests proved that it was!

Quick Reply: Wow, I am pleasantly surprised with Upsolute