Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Has Fabspeed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003 | 06:24 PM
JS
Race Car

Default Who Has Fabspeed?

I am thinking of a Fabspeed exhaust for the TT or GT2 and was wondering who has thier system, which version of it? any problems setting off sensors in the car? any performance gains? any opinions or advice is greatly appreciated. TIA
Old 09-08-2003 | 06:30 PM
billhart
Instructor

Fabspeed quiet on GT-2. Noticeable change in how quickly boost comes on; even the "quiet" is too loud and resonant for my wimpy ears. No sensor or other problems to speak of.
Old 09-08-2003 | 07:50 PM
John D.
Banned

Hi JAS,

I will be making a new Sponsor announcement about this either tomorrow or Wed. - but you can go to the link below and take a look at the 996 TT version GHL and Rennlist will be offering. (Yes - there are some substiantial discounts for both Rennlist Members and from Retail prices on Mufflers/cats and/or Headers and/or the full package.)

While I don't have a 996TT, I can't speak about the GHL 996TT Design, except to say I do run their complete system on my '87 911 Carrera. How's that sound??? Hmmmm - when you go under an overpass - it makes you want to stop, back-up - and go through again, just to hear the sound....

Try here if you want to preview the announcement:

https://rennlist.com/ghl/
Old 09-08-2003 | 07:56 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

I have the Fabspeed loud and love it!!
Old 09-08-2003 | 08:30 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

msindi:
You are a sick man!!! I mean that in a good way...:-) very impressed with your photo gallery and all the mods. I particularly like the quote: Window Sticker (the bad news!!). I would imagine that was just the start of it based on your mods...Just curious on the Hp output you estimate you have after all of that. I am working on getting myself a 996TT or GT3, but from what I have read lately...very spirited discussions between turbo and na, I am starting to think about a TT in lieu of my previous focus on a GT3. Happy Motoring!!!!
Old 09-08-2003 | 08:31 PM
racer63
Racer

I have the Fabspeed not so loud (aka sport) and love it.
Old 09-09-2003 | 11:45 PM
Bob M
Instructor

JAS,
Count me as part of the Fabspeed loud crowd. Since this is not a daily driver, I have enjoyed the sound it makes though it might get old if you spend some extended time in the car. Can't tell you what changing the exhaust did to the performance on its own as I did the exhaust, Unichip and BMC F1 airfilter all at the same time. I can tell you that the cumulative affect of all three still puts a smile on my face! There is a very noticeable performance increase. Yes, it did kick off some of the sensors more often in the beginning, less lately. But, just had them reset and went about my business. Didn't really create a problem for me.

Bob
Old 09-09-2003 | 11:53 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I have the fabspeed loud.. and actually ended up running the straight pipes.

Here's a video: http://fabspeed.com/996TT-sharky%20ad.wmv
Old 09-09-2003 | 11:57 PM
msindi
Three Wheelin'

rockit - I am sending my ECU out tomorrow to Stephen at IMagine Auto /Todd at Evoloutin Motorsports to get the GIAC levle 4 and IBE chipswitch. I will have a stock program (factory 450HP), level 4 (93 octane, 600HP) and level 4R (100 octane, 640HP)...
Other than that, I am looking to get a Techart front and maybe some new wheels (mine are opfr sale now if you know anyon interested!!)
Old 09-10-2003 | 05:30 PM
Bob M
Instructor

Hey Sharkster, you are a man after my own heart! I have been thinking of getting the straight pipes too. As I am satisfied with the noise level of the loud exhaust, I'd be doing this for the performance aspect of them. I had not planned to run them on the street, just the track but who knows maybe the sound woud convince me otherwise.
I know this is hard to do, but can you describe just how much louder the straight pipes are over the loud exhaust system? I know that Stephen listed db level measurements in his report, but I'd like to hear a more anecdotal description of them as well. Thanks.

Bob

Quick Reply: Who Has Fabspeed?