Sponsored by:

CD changer not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 09:51 AM
lezama
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy CD changer not working

I purchased a low miles '04 Turbo recently. Auctioned cars sometimes "lose" accesories in the process as they can be sold in Ebay fo $. The CD Changer in my car is not "available" to the stereo inside the car. I suspect someone stole one of the cables (fiber optics) as the CDC has an empty connection socket in the rear. Anyone has had this experience? I suspect that if I connect the cable the DME will recognize the changer. Help???
Old 04-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by lezama
I purchased a low miles '04 Turbo recently. Auctioned cars sometimes "lose" accesories in the process as they can be sold in Ebay fo $. The CD Changer in my car is not "available" to the stereo inside the car. I suspect someone stole one of the cables (fiber optics) as the CDC has an empty connection socket in the rear. Anyone has had this experience? I suspect that if I connect the cable the DME will recognize the changer. Help???
For my 2003 Turbo, once in a great while the CD changer in the front trunk stops working and I have found just removing it then installing it again "cures" this.

Also, the car seems to manifest issues with its stereo system when the battery is on its way out.

I can't remember now if the acting up CD changer preceded having to replace the battery or not.

All I know is that since sorting out this battery issue the CD changer works just fine even though I can go months between using it.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:07 PM
jwex16
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

check the battery. when mine was on its way out it would not see the cd changer. I had just bought the car and thought the way you did. Pep boys has a Bosche for about 119 .

Quick Reply: CD changer not working