Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Upsolute chip

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 04:16 AM
Hamann7
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, Wilber was the visionary behind this car.

He is the one who commissioned Protomotive to build my car according to HIS general parameters. Yes, it was Wilber who specified Garrett turbos and other components from day one, literally years ahead of ANYONE else. He chose Protomotive to execute his design parameters because he feels that they are the best.

Without a doubt, Todd Knighton at Protomotive is the best Porsche software tuner in the US. BAR NONE. He has programming capabilities which are well beyond what anyone else can do, for instance completely changing the fuel mapping tables and cracking the Bosch proprietary codes. Yes, he is literally good enough to reverse engineer the entire ECU software.

Not even GIAC can do this, trust me.

PowerChip is analyzing the software and where they will make their contribution is in the throttle mapping (response). They have already acknowledged that Protomotive's program is quite superb. However, where they have done wonders in the Porsche is not only in power but overall throttle response and tip-in. In my case, the throttle response was left stock, and PowerChip feels that redoing the throttle response would add value. I tend to agree. So there is no formal "joint venture" and the two companied do not work together. I am just adding to and fine tuning an already amazing setup.

The PowerChip throttle response modifications should make the car even smoother and further reduce what little lag is left in the car. You should see the difference it made in BMW, truly night and day!

BTW, here is another example of PowerChip's capability. They have already optimized the 996 GT3 Mk. 2 and have increased throttle response as well as gaining 10 RWHP across the board. Now correct me if I am wrong, but I haven't heard of anyone else yet who has been able to optimize the GT3 ECU...

Quick Reply: Opinions on Upsolute chip