Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Blue Dream" Minerva Blue 996TT - Journey Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:52 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Enjoy! I'll be sure to keep my ratty Ruf several hundred miles away......
Old 02-06-2015, 06:34 PM
shonuf
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the photos and the story. Beautiful car!
Old 02-07-2015, 09:23 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 249 Posts

Great intro story and what an awesome color. Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2015, 12:32 PM
AFKC
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on a great car! Al was a great recourse when I purchased my Rturbo
Old 02-10-2015, 12:42 PM
mc_renn
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LOVE that color!
Old 03-16-2015, 12:17 AM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 69 Posts

Hey guys just an update on the car now that I have it back. I'm fully enjoying it, and this was definitely the right purchase for me

Car was at GMG for about 3/4 weeks as the following was done:

1) SMOG The biggest pain so fair with the ownership of this vehicle was getting it to pass the California smog standards.. Long story short, had to do a lot of work to get this passed.. Thank god this is over with..

2) RADIATOR DUCTING The biggest hold up on getting the car back was the ordering of all the GT2 ducting and shrouds to properly vent/duct the radiators with the RUF bumper.. I of course wanted me CSF 3-piece radiator set-up on the car as it is being used as a company demo vehicle, so when it came time to put the radiators in, I definitely wanted it done the right way.. Without my discount, the total cost of the parts + labor came out to about $2,100 - This does not include the price of the radiators which I obviously supplied at no cost.. There was a delay in getting the parts ordered from Germany as they were not available from any place in the US as this was a special order item.. The parts are about $1000 to do this correctly.. This delayed me getting the car back by about 10 business days.

3) BREAKS The car had Pagid racing break pads which I did not find suitable for street driving (squeaky as hell).. I felt it was better to take these off the car, and then save them for any future track days that I might be headed out to this spring/summer.. After discussing with GMG, we opted for Endless MX 72 pads in the front and rear.. These aren't cheap pads, but my god do these pads feel amazing!!! I am loving how great this car feels with these pads, and I highly reccomend to anyone looking for a high end daily driver/street upgrade.. Cost of the pads (without my discount) were about $850.. Also the blue color really works well with the yellow breaks / blue paint..

4) Oil change - Was time for an oil change - got this done.. Free of charge

5) Got a full inspection of the car from front to back.. This was really important since I did not opt for a PPI locally in Chicago when I bought the car.. Everything came back in tip/top shape and 911-AL + previous owners had been doing a great job maintaining the car.. A very very slight leak from one of the front Moton shocks, but was taken care of... Might do a full calibration/refresh of these later in the year..

6) Finally got the car registered.. Had to bend over with the 8% California sales tax.. (Thankfully AL and I worked something out on this )
- I still dumbfounded that we have to pay sales tax on something that had already been paid for.. But whatever, it's all part of the scheme.. Got it done at AAA instead of going to the DMV.. One of the best experiences I've ever had.. I was in and out with plates and registration in 15 mins.. Now just waiting on my personalized plated..

SINCE THEN

Been driving the car like I STOLE IT!! This car is just screaming California cool as I cruise down PCH through Newport Beach and Laguna Beach.. Top seed in it has been about ***MPH ( I want faster)... Took this up a hill (Newport Coast) at about ***MPH on an empty stretch, and this thing was just planted on the road zooming up the hill with lane changing.. Put the biggest smile on my face, and I truly realized the magic of owning a Porsche at that point..

It's been displayed at the GMG open house as well as a couple of C&C meets.. I've had no less than 10 people make offer on my rims, and it's 100% doing the job as a company demo car.. I can't go anywhere without people turning heads and asking questions about the car.. The RUF upgrades are a real talking point for many..

Currently is discussion with 2 Porsche magazine, and a large online car culture website to feature the car..Hoping to have some good news in the next few weeks

Going to be parking it in the garage for the next two weeks as I'll be on a business trip.. Trying to put as few miles as possible, but that's been close to impossible since I got it back...

Some updated pictures below of the car..

Cheers everyone..

CSF center radiator with stencil peaking through the grill.

Last edited by CSF Cooling; 03-18-2015 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:45 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 332 Likes on 203 Posts

very cool car. My dad's 930 is Minerva Blue and it is simply one of the hottest colours Porsche ever released!
Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Serg924
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello guys!
I want to made RUF style of my 996TT and change color with arlon riviera blue film. But I don't understand is it the same color as RUF minerva blue or not? Maybe somebody made this operation and has info about film similar to RUF color?
Old 03-24-2015, 05:22 PM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 61 Posts

Hey there... I'll give this a shot. Minerva Blue (Metallic) on this car is Porsche color code so you could have a body shop mix and spray a sample for you and use that to cross reference with the film that you are thinking about using.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:08 PM
Serg924
Rennlist Member

Hi! Thanks for idea! But I don't see the difference between your both cars in bugatti and minerva blue metallic! Can you explain?

And what year and porsche model color minerva on your car? Because I don't see it in official 996TT brochure.

Regards

Sergey
Old 03-25-2015, 12:04 AM
911-AL
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Serg924
Hi! Thanks for idea! But I don't see the difference between your both cars in bugatti and minerva blue metallic! Can you explain?

And what year and porsche model color minerva on your car? Because I don't see it in official 996TT brochure.

Regards

Sergey
Each color is different and painted by Porsche via a program called "Paint to Sample" where you can request a color that has either been used historically by Porsche or from a sample that you send them. They already have Minerva Blue Metallic their portfolio where the Bugatti Strong Blue was from the paint code of a Bugatti EB110.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Serg924
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-27-2015, 02:06 PM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So I have a customer who has a 997GT3 RS.. Ironically he made all of his money selling Honda parts (go figure, lol)..
- He also picked up his GT3RS for $103,000 with 24,000 miles.. WOW!

Anyways, after our meeting.. the sun was going down so we decided to get a 'golden hour; impromptu photo shoot with our two cars..

I think the urban feel with the contrasting color cars came out pretty good!!

Enjoy the pics, and have a nice weekend!!

Old 03-27-2015, 05:50 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Simply amazing!!
Old 03-30-2015, 03:09 PM
CSF Cooling
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

This weekend in Southern California was just nuts if you're a car fan..

On Saturday morning was the Platinum Motors (Hollywood, CA) PML Quickstrike event charity car cruise from Sunset blvd in Hollywood to Malibu..

I rolled with the Orange County caravan from Seal Beach at 6:00 am to get to hollywood at 7:00.. I had never been to one of these events, but this was epic!!
Rolled with a moded 458, Aventador, 2 GTR-S, Corvette, a few motorcycles, CTS-V, R8 Spyder, and a few BMW's.. Rolling down the 405 at 6:00 am was insane..
3 guys got pulled over and busted as we were getting off the freeway.. lol.

300 of the best sports cars in city were there, and hardparked right on hollywood blvd at 7:00 for sunrise..We literally all just parked are cars on hollywood blvd, and got out with traffic being blocked and reduced to 1 line.. It was amazing for about 20 minutes until the cops showed up.. At that point a completely modded out Aventador came by shooting flames out of the exhaust in front of the cops, lol..

Also a pair of Carrera GT's with one of them being a Gembella Mirage

We all got in our cars, and then rolled in a big caravan to the cars&coffee in Malibu.. At one point it was bumper/bumper in a tunnel getting off the 405 into Malibu.. The sounds of revving engines in there was straight up nuts.. Once I find some video floating around, I'll be sure to upload..

Great event, and will definetly be going to the next one like this.. Did about 300 miles in my car this weekend, and loving it more and more

Quick Reply: "Blue Dream" Minerva Blue 996TT - Journey Thread