Sponsored by:

Engine Error Codes

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Engine Error Codes

My engine threw some error codes recently. I took it to the dealer as at 12K miles I thought I'd get the 15K service done as well as get the error code checked out. I have the Europipe exhaust and the GIAC chip. I've had the chip and exhaust for about three months now.

The error codes are; P0410 and P1411. Does anyone know what these are? I think they are past the cats over range to the O2 sensor?

The car looks to be running very rich to me anyway, judging from the exhaust pipes.

I have a couple of the modified K16 Turbo's by Kevin that I am going to install week after next (I'm going to Monterrey and then on to Oregon to golf next week!). The Turbo's look beautiful by the way.

Any thoughts from anyone? Also, is there any Southern California based tuner that anyone knows about that can do dyno-tuning and changes to the computer in-house?
Old 08-13-2003, 10:01 PM
Chris Y.
Racer

Garey,

Have you tried contacting Todd at Promotive? He's done quite a bit of custom computer tuning for Wilbur's TT and others on the board. If not, give him a ring at (909) 926-2694. He's a bit difficult to get a hold of, but just keep trying.

Another place is Powerchips up in Santa Monica. I personally haven't tried their stuff out yet, but I've heard a lot of great things about them.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-14-2003, 01:04 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Garey, The TT runs rather rich from the factory In fact about a 12.2 AFR. All some what normal. Even stock cars have a Good amount of black around the pipes. The code you have are part of the 02 and secondary air injection system. Have you recently installed BOVs? If so check the main vacuum lines going to them. Is the light flashing on within 15 seconds after start up or later? I you find out what spec the turbos are built to the ECU match can be fairly easy.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:53 AM
Garey Cooper
Rennlist Member

Porsche PhD; Actually Installed Diverter Valves almost a year and a half ago, right after the originals failed. They are Forge units. But, I just had the car in for the 15K service and I wonder if the lines were moved or opened by accident. The Tech did ask me about them when the car was in. But once again I got the light before I took it in for service.

Right after I got the car (it came with 25 miles on it) the BOV's failed and there was a vacuum line failure. I paid for the Forge units but the vacuum lines were replaced under warranty. I was told at the time that the vacuum line failure was a known problem.

The light does come on within 15 seconds after start-up!

I'll try to poke around a bit tomorrow. Won't have too much time, going to Monterey for the Historics and Concorso Italiano!

Just a note of thanks to you sir! Bravo and more I say to you!

Quick Reply: Engine Error Codes