Sponsored by:

Too much negative camber?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 03:57 AM
Pierre
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advices, guys! Yeah, I'll visit a true race shop to get that sorted out. Rear camber is fine, but the wear on the front tires is too uneven. (I'm tracking the Turbo quite a lot.)

Greetings,
--Pierre
Old 08-17-2003, 11:47 PM
ypshan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a Porsche dealership that set my rear ~2.3% negative camber. Should I go to a racing shop instead of a regular dealership for the alignment job?

I just came back from 3 days of Watkins Glen. The car now under-steer more than before. The rear just doesn't want to drift with the front so it's a lot harder to get a 4-wheel drift. I had to shift more weight to the front by breaking or lifting so the car will turn. Not sure this is good or bad but I just learned to deal with it.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:33 PM
ypshan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the print out from the dealership.

Left Rear -2.1 degrees
Right Rear -2.6 degrees

Seems like a lot.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:44 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Well, personally, I would not accept & pay for alignment done to those numbers (unless it was what I had requested).

If you had made no requests when you left the car (nor offered, any preference/use info, such as track or handling) then the dealership should have tried to set the car within the OE spec range........(which has already been mentioned here).

I'd also say, having left & right that dif should not be acceptable.......I would assume they offered some explanation?

Quick Reply: Too much negative camber?