headers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 05:57 AM
louisifis
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers!!!

Hi guys,
I bought some used fabspeed gen 1 headers.
Looking at them and matching them up to the gasket, they seem to not match up. That is, when you line up the bolt holes, one edge of the gasket overlaps the manifold opening(lengthwise) by about an eight or 3 mm. If it hangs into the gas flow it could be disruptive. Looking at the marks on the header faces, it seems to be the way the gasket was fitted in the past also.
Not sure, if this is normal but I'm worried, that these headers don't line up with the head exhaust ports perfectly and if I install them I'm going to lose power.
A) Has anyone fitted these headers and had an improvement?
B) Do the stock headers do the same???
C) Am I better off keeping the stock headers installed??
I'm aware the fabpeed website claims some gains, which is why I bought them, however I don't want to remove the stock headers and go backwards.
Any thoughts guys?
Many thanks,
Loui.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:24 AM
p556guy
Advanced

I've read the oem manifold is pretty good.

If you do install, be aware that the manifold bolts only need something like 17ft-lbs to get them tight.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:01 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

The stock headers (if ported and polished), are better than any aftermarket. The size is perfect....so forget about the fabspeeds IMHO.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:05 PM
louisifis
Track Day

Thanks for the responses guys. I think I wasted my money on these headers. Will stay stock and maybe port match and polish in the future. Can't wait for the umw flash though!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:37 PM
ScorpionT
Instructor

Lots of poor header designs out there for the TT cars. The Fabspeed arent the worst, but quality sounds like its an issue. If you want more power or a bit better response aftermarket headers can help, but it takes buying a proper set.

Quick Reply: headers!!!