Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience adding steering wheel w/ paddle shifters?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 03:13 PM
rloggie
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Experience adding steering wheel w/ paddle shifters?

Has anyone with a tiptronic trans changed to a steering wheel with paddle shifters with good results?
Old 06-25-2014, 06:29 PM
quick968
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

My first recommendation is to call Ivan at DCT Motorsports.
www.dctms.com
He has and outstanding OEM quality product, that can be customized to any interior color. He also does re-wraps and extra padding on original steering wheels for both Tip and 6spds.

Next choice would be Gert at Carnewal. Gert also has a stellar reputation for quality products at reasonable prices. Disadvantage is Gert is located in Europe so shipping is an issue both time and cost.

You would not go wrong with either vendor choice for a flappy paddle Tippy conversion.

Cheers
Mikey
Old 06-26-2014, 06:31 PM
PUN996TT
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the DCT Motorsports paddle shift steering wheel that Mikey - quick968 mentioned. I'd never go back to the original 996TT tiptronic steering wheel. The DCTMS wheel is perfect, right hand side shifting up, and left hand side shifting down. Doesn't do much for shifting up, but for shifting down, it's brilliant. It just makes me want to put the gear lever in manual. Way better than the original. The grip is a tad thicker, which is good. The material of the shifter paddle itself feels good on the fingers, high quality. Looks original, just thicker grip and straight bottom. I've looked at other steering wheels online, I just like this design.

You also get to use your existing airbag and cover. You can also choose alcantara, leather, carbon, colors... Tailor-made product.

Email Ivan at sales@dctms.com
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2014, 11:34 AM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the RAID paddle shifting steering wheel in Carbon/Leather combination. Got it from Gert at Carnewal. Only took the mechanic less than an hour to install. I'm extremely happy with the product and support from Gert.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:19 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

DCTM like the one listed above or works bell....I have both and love them both....

works bell
Name:  SDC10913_zps6bb4c8a7.jpg
Views: 1967
Size:  111.0 KB

Quick Reply: Experience adding steering wheel w/ paddle shifters?