Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quality Porsche Parts eBay Store???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 11:32 AM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

First things I bought from them were window parts for my 987 a year ago. Turned out one part I did not need, and the other part was changed from '05 to '06 (my car). So, despite the fact they clearly stated 'no refunds,' I asked if they would take them back. They agreed, despite it being 100% my fault. That impressed me. I just placed an order for 3 more parts this week.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:22 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Unlike many eBay vendors selling used parts, this one does not indicate what models the parts fit and indicates that you are responsible to do a VIN # compatability check. This is not necessarily a bad thing - I'm not sure the compatability info others provide is always reliable. But how to do it? I know a website where I could type in a BMW VIN number and find all the parts the car came with and their part number. But I have yet to find such a site for Porsche. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Last edited by rs10; 01-19-2015 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:46 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rs10
Unlike many eBay vendors selling used parts, this one does not indicate what models the parts fit and indicates that you are responsible to do a VIN # compatability check. This is not necessarily a bad thing - I'm not sure the compatability info others provide is always reliable. But how to do it? I know a website where I could type in a BMW VIN number and find all the parts the car came with and their part number. But I have yet to find such a site for Porsche. Any suggestions wuold be welcome!
I have seen part numbers in their listings, but they routinely list the exact car the part came from. It requires some knowledge of detail changes. Generally for Turbos, 01 fitment can vary from '02-05. When I was researching my interior interchange parts, I used PET to verify fit.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:14 PM
"02996ttx50
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

i didn't do any "due diligence" because i was buying a 25$ part! ordinarily i would have. in this case i simply trusted a used pcar parts outlet would know the difference btw a 96 carerra coat hook VS one for a 96 turbo which was what and how it was advertised as!
Old 01-19-2015, 06:46 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by techweenie
I have seen part numbers in their listings, but they routinely list the exact car the part came from. It requires some knowledge of detail changes. Generally for Turbos, 01 fitment can vary from '02-05. When I was researching my interior interchange parts, I used PET to verify fit.
PET?
Old 01-19-2015, 07:12 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

I asked Quality Porsche Parts the same question, of course: OK, you provide me with the VIN number, and you want me to confirm that the part fits using that VIN number - so where can I find the number of the part you are selling based on the VIN number? Eventually arrives the reply: consult your Porsche dealer.

Thanks. That's very helpful. My local Porsche dealer, from whom I have bought nothing but a key - because it's the one thing I can't buy anywhere else - is going to be very eager to help me sort through an eBay shopping cart full of parts so I can buy them from someone else ... .

If there is no way a customer can find the part number of the part they are selling using the VIN number, they should post the part number, like everyone else. And they should get a phone, also like everyone else.

I've recently bought well over 1k of parts elsewhere, and I'd have bought from them too, if they could be bothered to answer simple questions, like "does it smell of cigarettes?". Very frustrating.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a purchased a few things from them on eBay for my 996tt, communication is pretty weak, but they ship fast and probably some of the best packing I have ever seen. They take best offer's too.
I attached a pic of their return address.

-Jason
Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:27 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

I asked Quality Porsche Parts the same question, of course: OK, you provide me with the VIN number, and you want me to confirm that the part fits using that VIN number - so where can I find the number of the part you are selling based on the VIN number? Eventually arrives the reply: consult your Porsche dealer.

Thanks. That's very helpful. My local Porsche dealer, from whom I have bought nothing but a key - because it's the one thing I can't buy anywhere else - is going to be very eager to help me sort through an eBay shopping cart full of parts so I can buy them from someone else ... .

If there is no way a customer can find the part number of the part they are selling using the VIN number, they should post the part number, like everyone else. And they should get a phone, also like everyone else.

I've recently bought well over 1k of parts elsewhere, and I'd have bought from them too, if they could be bothered to answer simple questions, like "does it smell of cigarettes?". Very frustrating.
Obviously when they sell for 40% less than the other guys the level of service will be lower. If you don't have research materials handy, you can get the parts from the more expensive sources. But I've found more expensive places to be inaccurate in their descriptions as well.

They aren't for everyone, I guess, but I give them first shot when I need anything for liquid-cooled Porsches.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:50 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

PET?
Yessir:

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...SA_KATALOG.pdf
Old 01-20-2015, 07:51 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

OK, thanks for posting the link! May take a bit of time for me to learn to use that. (I did see that yesterday after a bit of googling - guess I was hoping there was something else ... .) I think some websites like ECS provide basically the same info (no?), and that one I seem to have figured out. The problem is, you can't type in a VIN number and then see only the relevant parts and their numbers. So, for instance, if you are looking at a carpet, and there are 15 different versions in that color, depending on year, body style, and hifi options, it can be pretty hard to figure out whether it's the right one.

Which means it would be super helpfull if Quality Porsche Parts posted the part numbers like everyone else. I understand that low costs = low service. But while they aren't the most expensive guys on eBay, their prices do not seem to undercut everyone else either, and they actually do invest in quality to some extent - a nice eBay shop showing pictures of the car the parts came from, for instance. How hard can it be to photograph the part number stickers? :- (
Old 01-21-2015, 11:36 PM
Byron in MS
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As OP, thought I would respond about my experience since the thread came back to life. I bought a 996TT engine from them with no issues. Shipping was timely and the packaging was amazing! And best of all, the engine actually runs! I think they lose business due to the poor communication. It's like they check once every couple of days!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:21 PM
rs10
Burning Brakes

I'm glad your experience turned out well. In my case, it gets worse and worse. So they accept offers, everyone says? Well I thougt I'd give them a try. I'd buy some small interior part and if it turned out to be smokey, well, lesson learned. So I hit the make offer button, typed in my number, then hit the button to send the offer. Result? A message saying the seller is not accepting offers from me at this time. No further explanation available. I replied to a previous message from them to ask for an explanation. Clearly eBay user ratings do not cover the entire customer experience!

I guess it depends on priorities. Based on the experiences of others, if you are sure they have the best product or price, then buy from them. Based on my experience, I'd say that if you want to buy a part, want it soon, want to know what you are getting, and don't want to waste your time - buy from someone else.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RS10
You sure it was an automatic decline to your offer? Sellers can set a bottom dollar amount the want into eBay that automatically declines offers.

-Jason
Old 01-24-2015, 10:34 AM
rs10
Burning Brakes

Probably not. I can't be sure, having never encountered an automatic decline before. But I did sort of bid on things from Quality Porsche Parts before. The first time I encountered them on eBay, I could not find any way to send them a message except to place a bid, so I placed a bit with a trivial price, made clear in my message that I was doing so just to be able to send them message and that, if I was satisfied with their answers to my questions, I was ready to pay much more. There was no auto decline. Rather the bids were declined several days later.

(I later found another way to send messages about other items I was interested in buying. Yet strangely, after placing the real bid mentioned in my previous post, I could no longer find any way to send them a message except to respond to an old message that they sent me. Maybe they only accept messages regarding expensive items? (By they way, I sent my message Thursday afternoon. Now it's Saturday. Still no response.))

I'm in the market for a lot of parts, and everytime I find something for sale by these guys it seems to lead to frustration. Which leads to me venting my frustration ...
Old 01-26-2015, 12:36 PM
JulioJorge
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What you've experienced is Ebay's system for making offers. You've only got 3 chances to make offers. After that you can only hit the buy it now button. That has nothing to do with the seller.

Quick Reply: Quality Porsche Parts eBay Store???