Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove rear spoiler/side intakes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 04:22 PM
Bernard
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How to remove rear spoiler/side intakes?

Anyone know how I can remove the stock rear spoiler on a 03 996 TT? I looked at it and I see where the hydraulic lines run to it but I don't want to remove the lines. Is their any way to remove it without taking the lines off?

I also want to remove the side intakes and I do see three clips but had no luck getting them off, any help would be great. Thanks
Old 08-02-2003, 04:58 PM
03-C4S
Racer

Just curious I guess, but if you dont mind me asking, what are you planning to do by removing this pieces?
Old 08-02-2003, 09:56 PM
MacedoMotorsports
Track Day

Bernard,

I just sent you a PM with some contact info.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:20 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The side intakes literally pull off out of the hole. They are held on with clips. The rear spoiler takes a half moon tool that catches a hole and turns a cam inside the lift. It then pops off the receiver that remains in the tail. The tool almost looks like a fan span wrench for an older 911.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:51 AM
KPV
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stephen,
I developed another method for the wing removal. I agree it is very easy if you have the spanner wrench necessary to do it, but good luck finding one. This $20 solution works great!
Go to Home Depot and buy the adjustable rubber strap and handle universal pipe clamp, bottle opener, etc. It is a handle with a rubber strap attached to it. The strap goes around the pipe or jar you want to open and gets reinserted into the handle. It works by friction. It has been advertised on TV. Wrap it around the wing elevator piston and insert an allen wrench into the alignment hole and turn together....voila!! It worked like a charm for me. Improvisation is a wonderful thing. Or what do they say....necessity is the mother of invention.

Quick Reply: How to remove rear spoiler/side intakes?