Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 12:28 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot Sport Cups Warning...

During the hot summer months here in California, there's obviously been no sign of rain. Still a word of warning to those of you using these tires on the street. Although a great/grippy tire watch out for those evening sprinkler systems that deoposit water all over the road. I've already had a couple of unwanted incidents where the back tires just loose it and the car begins hydroplaining. Of course with PSM on everything remains fixable but just a word of warning Watch out for standing water, not to mention oil which seems to not go away as easily as it does in winter when it rains much more.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Trojan Man
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Michelin Pilot Sport Cups Warning...

Originally posted by sharkster
During the hot summer months here in California, there's obviously been no sign of rain.
You're obviously not in L.A. right now!

Old 07-22-2003, 06:21 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Re: Michelin Pilot Sport Cups Warning...

Originally posted by Trojan Man
You're obviously not in L.A. right now!

Nopes. In San Jose.. we get a good deal in Winter though. My wife just got back from LA and said it was raining there. WTF over? I lived there from 98-2000 and never saw rain...
Old 07-22-2003, 06:56 PM
Bob M
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not what I wanted to read after putting a new set of Sport Cups on my car last Friday. Guess that means if it rains this coming weekend during my Drivers Ed event, I am in for some entertaining moments. The forcast indicates a chance of a thunderstorm or two developing later in the day on both Saturday and Sunday. Should be interesting.

Bob M
Old 07-22-2003, 07:04 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally posted by Bob M
Not what I wanted to read after putting a new set of Sport Cups on my car last Friday. Guess that means if it rains this coming weekend during my Drivers Ed event, I am in for some entertaining moments. The forcast indicates a chance of a thunderstorm or two developing later in the day on both Saturday and Sunday. Should be interesting.

Bob M
Sorry to rain on your parade.. but it's best to just realize that unexpected things could/may happen- so stay sharp and safe.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Sport Cups Warning...