Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with Autothority in Chantilly, VA?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Chessie
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with Autothority in Chantilly, VA?

Greetings -

New owner of a 2002 996TT. As I was getting ready to drive the car out of the previous owner's driveway he hands me a business card he had cleaned out of the glove box and mentions 'oh yeah, the car has a performance chip in it from these guys'.

So I look up the shop, Autothority, and I see they provide multiple stages of upgrades, starting with Stage 1, and ECU upgrade. I'm assuming that is all that was done to this car. Autothority claims gains of 63/80 for HP and torque. I'm seeing 1.0 - 1.1 bars of boost. Does that sound consitent with these numbers?

I have a call into the shop to see if they can tell me what was done to the car. In the mean time, I'm wondering if anybody out there has experience with the shop of their products.

BTW - is the car capable of safely handling the 63/80 upgrade on stock parts?

Thanks, cheers -

-c

Last edited by Chessie; 10-25-2013 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Added content....
Old 10-25-2013, 10:58 PM
Mercedesben
Burning Brakes

Congrats on your purchase!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have tried 4 shops in the general area and can tell you that Rich Siegman at At Speed Motorsports in Hanover Md. is by far the most knowledgeable and determined late model Porsche mechanic around. He fixed an intermittent boost problem for me that 2 other "so called" experts couldn't find in a year. Even if he is not in your area, keep his name in your files as "the go to guy". And don't be fooled by the TPC hype, just because the owner is a well known and successful race car driver, that doesn't mean he himself will be working on your car, it means the opposite actually. PM me if you want more info about other local shops.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Mercedesben
Burning Brakes

My autothority experience was limited to chips on my 944 turbo years ago. I believe the company had been sold and the name is being used again. I have used at speed in the past for suspension work and had good results Bob Miller has a great car collection in the showroom there. In nova I like intersport and ima motorsports.
I use ben Sarli at sarli motorsports in millersville md and am quite happy. The only thing he does not do are corner balance alignments. I wholly agree with land jet about tpc.

Quick Reply: Any experience with Autothority in Chantilly, VA?