Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aerokit spoiler question - answered

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 12:32 PM
joehonee
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Rekindling this post because I might want to go in the opposite direction. I have an 03 tt x50 with factory aero. The chin spoiler was damaged by the original owner and has since been replaced by a standard 996 unit. I have the opportunity to buy a color matching standard tt deck lid locally and am considering going to the less "flashy" look. The aero wing and replacement aero chin spoiler will be stored away so I can return the car to its original configuration.

I have confirmed that the harness plug is present behind the horseshoe trim for the spoiler button but the button is not there. Does anyone have any experience with this that might know what I am up against out back? Wondering if the aero harness listed in this post is just a bypass plug. If so I am hoping I just remove the bypass and plug in the harness from the standard tt deck lid? Obviously I would need to source a button but that would be minor.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:23 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

No, you need the non aero harness.
Personally, I'd leave the aero in place.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:39 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure if your cluster ECU is programmed to raise and lower an operating wing. Dash switch would be optional. Send a picture of your console, is there a spot for the switch with a blank installed? If you find a lid without hydraulics, I can help you with the simpler eRam set. You will need a new harness for the lid, available reasonably at Sonnen or Sunset Porsche.

Quick Reply: Aerokit spoiler question - answered