Sponsored by:

Aventura Motors on Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 AM
bhempfli
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aventura Motors on Long Island

I am looking at a 2003 Turbo in New York and was wondering if any of you guys know of this car dealership in NY. They look great on paper and seem to do a lot of restoration work on older cars. The owner has been great to work with and has offered to have the car taken to the local Porsche Dealership, so was wondering also if anyone knew the dealer in SouthHampton.

Would really appreciate any insight you guys have, am planning on flying up next Saturday to look at the car.

Thanks, Bobby
Old 06-21-2013, 08:51 AM
LI911
Instructor

Not sure how helpful this will be....

I was there over the winter to take a look at a very low milege 996 Cab. Like you said they really specialize in classic euros, it appeared to be a class operation. They were selling the 996 as a favor to a local client. The car showed as advertised. The sales guy (can't recall his name) was nice enough, he sent me off in a solo demo ride, which I liked. I made my best offer on the car but the owner wouldn't take it and we couldn't reach an agreement. Aventura did not seem to care at all about selling it which backed up the "selling as a favor" story.

I did notice that they have some negative reviews if you do a goggle search but that wouldn't have stopped me from getting the 996.

Storm Porsche is literally right next door but my plan if we had reached an agreement was to have a PPI done at a relatively local indy. I talked directly with Storm about doing the PPI and I wasn't satisfied with their process, it just wasn't very thorough.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:46 PM
bhempfli
Track Day

Thanks for the reply. Could you tell me the name of that local in the shop I would love to use them
Old 06-21-2013, 09:43 PM
bhempfli
Track Day

Sorry about the brevity here, i am using a cell phone. Storm says they do about a one hour PPI including overrev report. Price seems right from everything I have seen for a very low mile, unmodified car. My biggest issue is timing. Car can't be seen until Friday and I was going to fly in on Saturday. If anyone could recommend a good Indy shop, I would love hear it. Even better, if someone is close and could take a look at it, I would definitely be indebted and would probably buy some beer. Thanks for the reply, I definitely appreciate the help
Old 06-24-2013, 10:40 AM
LI911
Instructor

The name of the indy is Rudtners Racing. They are in Freeport which is probably about 1 to 1/2 hours away from Aventura depending on traffic. Call them and ask them what they do for a PPI and you'll hear the differences vs. a dealer. http://www.rudtnersracing.com/index2.php.

One key item was a leak down test as part of the PPI. I'd estimate that they spent a good 3 or 4 hours going through the car.

Rudtner's isn't cheap but you get what you pay for. That being said if you're comfortable with Storm it will be easier since they are next door to Aventura.

I would take a ride to check the car for you but unfortunately I'm over an hour away from Aventura
Old 01-08-2014, 02:51 PM
dave w
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I know this thread is a bit old, but I'd be interested in hearing how the deal went off if at all.... I'm looking at a car there now and have only found really bad reviews of them on the net.

Like this lawsuit they defaulted on:
http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20FDCO%2020120710998

This:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...ra-motor-group

and this:
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Av...-review-17207/

Which all make me rather concerned to do business with them....

-Dave
Old 01-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

wow, are you seriously considering doing business with these guys after reading these?
if you do buy a car from these guys after reading this, and get ripped off you have been warned. Many people have said this on here "don't just buy a good car also buy from a good seller"
stories of scumbag dealers really bother me.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:38 AM
adam_
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dave w
I know this thread is a bit old, but I'd be interested in hearing how the deal went off if at all.... I'm looking at a car there now and have only found really bad reviews of them on the net.

Like this lawsuit they defaulted on:
http://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20FDCO%2020120710998

This:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...ra-motor-group

and this:
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Av...-review-17207/

Which all make me rather concerned to do business with them....

-Dave
I really dont care about the integrity of a seller as I assume they are all lying and deceiving me.

If you find yourself in a situation where you need to simply trust the sellers word for significant issues, you are making a mistake. IMO.

The cases above these morons bought cars sight unseen and shipped them- one to europe via air freight. Are you kidding me?!?! How do idiots like this get this much money?

Worst case is you spend money on an airplane ticket or a ppi. Thats as far as Id trust anyone.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I am out there all the time. I have been there and I bought a car from them previously for a guy in NC, a 928GTS. They generally deal with the people in the Hamptons who have very deep pockets. I looked at a few cars there, but bought elsewhere. I can take a road trip over the weekend on Sunday, but I do not think they are open. I do know the dealer out there. Not a big place, and again, they have high end customers in the Hamptons. PPI a must.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:18 AM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

Call Tim or Rich at Lynmor motors in Huntington, much closer than Rutners. These guys are true Porsche guys and pricing is always fair. Tell them Stephen that had 928 sent you. Or I could call them for you.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Stephencs601
Rennlist Member

car was sold a while ago, went by there today.

Quick Reply: Aventura Motors on Long Island