Sponsored by:

Father's Day Projects

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:31 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Father's Day Projects

Well, as my father's day present, my wife and kids gave me an afternoon to play in the garage. I had some P-car stuff I wanted to get done, so I replaced these:

I've never seen a hardback seat split like this one did, maybe the PO was a little rough getting in and out?

I also installed the 997 GT3 shifter I bought after the recommendation from Kevin and others. It makes for a fantastic upgrade. *MUCH* better shifting, although I'm having to re-learn a little how to drive

After dinner, I decided to see what that gawd-awful squeek was in my dash, so I started a panel at a time to see if I could isolate it. Starting with the defroster vents I'd remove a part then test....remove a part, then test.

At the moment, I've removed the defroster panels, side vents, a-pillars, and as it was getting dark, removed the instrument pod. I don't know if the instrument pod is the culprit, as I haven't driven it yet, but there's not a lot more I'm willing to take apart!

While it's all the way apart, I decided to condition the crap out of all of the leather I could get to, so if nothing else, maybe that will help as well.

Hope all the other Fathers got what they wanted.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:35 PM
dubyaTT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How cool is that?

Great gift.

Did you stick with white for the seat backs?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:47 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by dubyaTT
How cool is that?

Great gift.

Did you stick with white for the seat backs?
Yep, had it sprayed to match the other one and cut and buffed to get the finish smooth like the factory. Came out great!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 PM
sanyata
Rennlist Member

Received 466 Likes on 252 Posts

I'm surprised you found the time to do these projects! What, with the battery project and all?

Quick Reply: Father's Day Projects