Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KW V3 & Suspension Upgrades Impressions!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:22 PM
BOBBYFALI
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KW V3 & Suspension Upgrades Impressions!

I pick up up my car a little over a week ago from having some suspension & brake upgrades. I had the following installed:

KW V3, RSS toe links, Tarret front drop links, GT2 alignment, RS SS brake lines, Motul RBF660, GT3 Brake ducts, 4 Zimmermann rotors and Pagid yellow all around

I told everyone that I am happy the way my car handles (down low, being high speeds sweepers I had a "wobble side to side & was told it was my 19's.) with just H&R front&rear sways and the only reason I am doing coilovers is to lower the vehicle. Well lets just say I do not know how I used to drive my car before, compared to the way this car feels now!!!!

After I installed my H&R sways there were roads that I would just cringed at that I didn't even notice, as I will feel every filling in the road and broken pavement. Now with the KW V3 the car is LOWERED 1.6" front and 1" rear and the car feels more composed on those same roads to a point, I don't even notice.

The car feels like a whole new machine! I was running a STG2 C63 and at about 220km there was a huge dip in the road that I didn't notice. That sudden dip in the road would of made me get off the throttle after the car would of been unsettled as the rear end would of stepped out badly and would of %100 have the tires lose contact with the road (wheels off the ground) and get air. With the KW's it just sucked me down in the dip and the car just felt planted!! I also was running a modded 13 GTR and he punched it on a merge to another highway. I would never of had the confidence with the power I am making to floor it mid high sweeper turn, but not only did I do that as I made me way around the GTR at about 200km in the turn same thing there was a drastic elevations change (construction?) and the car in mid turn, under full throttle, what I FELT was not to much adhesion, just sucked in to the elevation change instead of the above past experience!! If feels as if the car is connected to rails.

I was shocked at the compression attributes, but the rebound is what really set me off as well!

THIS IS THE WAY A 911 SHOULD FEEL!!

Confident, smooth, glued, planted, controlled, predictable!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM
blockhed
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 118 Posts

Before you keep going nuts make sure you learn more how the car responds now so there is no suprises
Old 04-01-2013, 10:12 AM
BOBBYFALI
Advanced

Originally Posted by blockhed
Before you keep going nuts make sure you learn more how the car responds now so there is no suprises
Agreed!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:13 AM
993GT
Rennlist Member

Received 564 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBBYFALI
I pick up up my car a little over a week ago from having some suspension & brake upgrades. I had the following installed:

KW V3, RSS toe links, Tarret front drop links, GT2 alignment, RS SS brake lines, Motul RBF660, GT3 Brake ducts, 4 Zimmermann rotors and Pagid yellow all around

I told everyone that I am happy the way my car handles (down low, being high speeds sweepers I had a "wobble side to side & was told it was my 19's.) with just H&R front&rear sways and the only reason I am doing coilovers is to lower the vehicle. Well lets just say I do not know how I used to drive my car before, compared to the way this car feels now!!!!

After I installed my H&R sways there were roads that I would just cringed at that I didn't even notice, as I will feel every filling in the road and broken pavement. Now with the KW V3 the car is LOWERED 1.6" front and 1" rear and the car feels more composed on those same roads to a point, I don't even notice.

The car feels like a whole new machine! I was running a STG2 C63 and at about 220km there was a huge dip in the road that I didn't notice. That sudden dip in the road would of made me get off the throttle after the car would of been unsettled as the rear end would of stepped out badly and would of %100 have the tires lose contact with the road (wheels off the ground) and get air. With the KW's it just sucked me down in the dip and the car just felt planted!! I also was running a modded 13 GTR and he punched it on a merge to another highway. I would never of had the confidence with the power I am making to floor it mid high sweeper turn, but not only did I do that as I made me way around the GTR at about 200km in the turn same thing there was a drastic elevations change (construction?) and the car in mid turn, under full throttle, what I FELT was not to much adhesion, just sucked in to the elevation change instead of the above past experience!! If feels as if the car is connected to rails.

I was shocked at the compression attributes, but the rebound is what really set me off as well!

THIS IS THE WAY A 911 SHOULD FEEL!!

Confident, smooth, glued, planted, controlled, predictable!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

That said, those are some crazy roads in 'Mexico' aren't they
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM
BOBBYFALI
Advanced

Default Exactly!!

Originally Posted by 993GT

That said, those are some crazy roads in 'Mexico' aren't they
Exactly!

LOL!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 407 Posts

take it to the track so I don't have to read about you killing somebody.
you are stupid to be driving exess of 200 kmh on the street racing with GTRs.
it is time you grow up!

Quick Reply: KW V3 & Suspension Upgrades Impressions!