Recaro Seat Rails and Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:56 AM
d10redwolf
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recaro Seat Rails and Bracket

Dear all,

I have been doing some research on seats as I found out that stock 996 turbo seats really stinks......

I'm 6'3", 250 lb. uses the car for track days and occasional commute(less then 200 miles per month)

I was originally going for the Euro GT3 seat but then was told that I was too fat.....

So my other option was Recaro's seat. Sportster CS to be exact. Then I ran into problems or options of fitting these to my car. I have to consider how high its going to sit(my head is banging against the ceiling with helmet. and also would like to use stock seat belt so require a receptacle on the bracket.

Can I get some help here? I have heard Wedge Engineering and Brey Kause. Anyone else that makes a quality low profile rail/bracket with receptacles?

Since the 996 turbo does not have any airbags in the seat I should run into any check engine/airbag light if I use my stock seat belt right?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Savetheclutch
Instructor

I am selling exactly what you need right here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...at-mounts.html

original Recaro equipment for the sport seats
Old 03-27-2013, 02:20 AM
fly2low
Rennlist Member

similar size and weight
check out the Recaro SPG XL
with the right mounts, can get this seat vey low
pay attention to where the holes for the shoulder straps line up with your shoulders
Old 03-27-2013, 03:17 PM
tvurt
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I am in the midst of the same search right now.

Recaro Profi XL
Sparco EVO III

Are my finalists - all bolted to the floor pan, no sliders.

Tom
Old 03-27-2013, 06:33 PM
d10redwolf
AutoX

Thanks Guys but I'm trying to run Sportster CS:-)
Old 03-27-2013, 09:47 PM
Tytus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

d10redwolf,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply to your PM, slammed at work. I have the set up you are looking for. I couldn't use one of those new plant mounts that also attach the seat-belts to the mount as they raised the seat to high and my helmet hit the roof. You can install sliders and then the seats but you will have to mount the lap belt to the floor. Go ahead and contact Bob at stable energies, he did my install and sold me the whole set up. He can tell you all the parts associated with the set up. One word of caution, I am only 6' and you are 6'-3 and I just barely fit front to back. The rake adjustment **** hits the back of the side tunnel on the door sill. I have even had Bob modify the adjuster so I get a bit more extension to the rear. The best thing if you are tall are seats without adjustable backs. Also you have to have the seat modified to accept a 5 or 6 point harness as it does not have a submarine slot for the front belts.

Call Bob and told him I sent you, he can look up my file and set you up but check the front to back situation first before you commit to those seats.

Good luck,

Tytus
Old 03-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by d10redwolf
I'm 6'3", 250 lb. uses the car for track days and occasional commute(less then 200 miles per month)

I was originally going for the Euro GT3 seat but then was told that I was too fat.....
I'd recommend actually sitting in a Euro GT3 seat and seeing how it fits, rather than just taking someone's word that you're "too fat." I'm 6'3" and 230 lb and I find the Euro GT3 seats are actually quite comfortable, even on longer road trips. And the installation is certainly simple compared to many other options, so I wouldn't rule them out too soon.

Quick Reply: Recaro Seat Rails and Bracket