Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toy Barn, Dublin OH - PPI?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 PM
TH996
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FWIW - Apparently there is kind of family feud going between the owners of the p-car dealer and the Toy Barn and therefore they won't deal with one another - or so I was told. That's why the p-car dealer was ruled out by TB as a PPI facility before I even requested an Auto Assets PPI.

Glad that I won't need to spend $$ getting a car verbally represented to me as basically perfect, "right."

However, it's good to hear that at least some folks had a positive experience with them.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:25 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TH996
FWIW - Apparently there is kind of family feud going between the owners of the p-car dealer and the Toy Barn and therefore they won't deal with one another - or so I was told. That's why the p-car dealer was ruled out by TB as a PPI facility before I even requested an Auto Assets PPI.

Glad that I won't need to spend $$ getting a car verbally represented to me as basically perfect, "right."

However, it's good to hear that at least some folks had a positive experience with them.
I'm not surprised. Lots of business people have had a spat with MAG.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:59 AM
RangerDick
Instructor

When I was looking for my turbo, the TB had a 2004 TT for sale and a very low price and low mileage. I emailed them for more information and never got a reply. The photo of the car looked like it was taken at a coal mine in West Virginia, a muddy lot and a ton of debris around it. I'm sorta glad they never responded, since I imagine they would have strung me out and given me a bunch of false information about the car. Just my .02$
Old 09-11-2012, 01:54 PM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at one car they had for sale, but after googling the vin I found it had been sold 6 months prior with a MUCH lower asking price, and the pictures from that ad reflected a much more beat up car than the pics Toy Barn had advertised.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:14 AM
ChemMan
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am so glad I saw this tread. I was just at TB about a month or two ago to look at a 930 slantnose they have for sale. The whole having someone come in to look over the car vs having a full ppi offsite made me a bit concerned. Either way, we ended up not being able to come to price that day. Since they still have that car, I was planning on contacting them in a bit to see if we could get closer to an agreeable price.
Last night, I began looking at the 996 turbos. This might be a better way to go from my 996. Hence my looking at the forum this morning. Basically looking for a buyers guide and to see if the IMS is an issue with the 996 turbos. Glad I saw this thread.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:24 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No IMS issues with 996 turbos. Watch those mods and get a PPI from a reputable facility.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:04 PM
ChemMan
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
No IMS issues with 996 turbos. Watch those mods and get a PPI from a reputable facility.
Thanks !
Old 09-16-2012, 05:18 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

I asked to take a test drive and they would not give me the keys. Told me to tell them what I wanted and they would find it for me. WT............................
Old 09-20-2016, 05:16 AM
scbeast
Instructor

Default glad i found this

glad i found this thread. TB has a car i've been in search of and pricing seems very fair...but carfax shows it was bought at auction. they are a bit slow to respond considering they want to you to part with >$100k. when i looked them up yelp i found plenty of crappy reviews from refusing to allow proper PPIs to mis-representation of car history. i agree with the run don't walk sentiment.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:34 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

By the looks of the reviews, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the positive reviews came from a company that's hired for internet reputation restoration. These types of companies write false positive reviews in order to dilute the negative reviews and also push them further down the review timeline. If you notice, there's a pattern of positive reviews every few days. A sure sign of false positive reviews being posted by a Reputation Restoration outfit. Luckily, you can sort by negative reviews and if you read all of the negative ones, there seems to be a real pattern here. As Pink Floyd sang, RUN RUN RUN RUN...
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Th...dealer-reviews

Quick Reply: Toy Barn, Dublin OH - PPI?