Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed my new (to me) Turbo today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks quite fixable - best of luck with it, not fun at all.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig911
I spoke in detail with my body shop today about the car. My insurance company was in there recently to figure out the initial estimate which we should have beginning of next week. The body shop guy says he usually basically throws them out and starts over by taking apart the damage and putting the car on the Celette bench with the proper Porsche jigs. He says he will find more damage but does not think it will be totaled. It's mostly plastic and sheet metal, he did not think it involved the frame much but will not know till it's on the bench.
I've heard from my insurance company and others that it will probably have to be 75% of market value before it's totaled.
Should see next week....once we have the final estimate I can compare it against the bill of sale from the dealer I bought it from 2 weeks ago to determine if it's totaled or not.
Reads like you have selected a very good shop. The shop wants to know as best is can know what it is facing and getting the car on the bench is a step in that direction.

It is also in the (long) list of steps that Porsche gives for proper repair of these cars.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Crashed my new (to me) Turbo today!