Sponsored by:

Big sway bar issue, DL, rubbing aluminum air tube

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 10:41 PM
speedtrapped
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big sway bar issue, DL, rubbing aluminum air tube

Hi all, 99tt 01' JIC suspension, dropped. H&R sway front and rear. The DL are stock. I had popped my hard plastic tube between turbo inlet and aluminum air tube. Ok, so I had a mechanic swap out flywheel and clutch, as it was time. And I installed torque solution motor mounts, also removed front driveshaft as i am going RWD only-that's the only thing I did last 2 weeks. So when I discovered the popped tube, I reinstalled and notice that the driver side DL is rubbing against the aluminum air tube, rubbing some away in fact. I assume cornering I must of popped out tube. I looked at both sides, passenger link has about 2" clearance, and trouble driver side literally sits right next to pipe.
I can't figure it out, the sway bar can't be off, as the mounts have ridges in them, so it's centered??
My car drives straight as arrow. Any ideas why DL on one side clears by alot, and the other rubs?
I def don't want to drive in this condition, and rub hole aluminum air tube, or worse break a chunk off and get sucked into my k24.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:59 PM
speedtrapped
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok in the pic, this is driverside sway attached to DL....the very top of pic, u can see the hose clamp around the hard plastic tube from aluminum to turbo inlet, when car sits, the top of DL that attaches to coilover bracket, sits aside the aluminum tube.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Big sway bar issue, DL, rubbing aluminum air tube