Price Check 02 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Alan G.
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Intersting Thread

Originally Posted by Simi_911
If you think your boss has kept the car in great condition and it passes inspection, I would go with your boss to the dealer and just offer $500 more than the dealer. I've done that with friends. The discount you get will be huge since dealers pay very little for trade ins. You, however, must accept that you bought whatever problems (current or future) and cannot go back to your boss if you want to keep that relationship. I personally would not sell to family or friends...old cars break...that's what they do and people will typically blame the seller for not disclosing.

It would have to be better than $500, I only know NYS, but trade in deducts from sales tax paid, so in NY its worth (8%) $2,400 at 30K. Interesting thread for me, as I may move my 93 RSA, to grab a TT as a partial DD.

Bates may have gotten a deal, but it's a big time buyers market. Cash is still king! My experience is that the best deals seem to be the ones that you never see coming, stay loose, but be prepared to close a quick deal.

YMMV
Alan

Quick Reply: Price Check 02 Turbo