Sponsored by:

K sport coil overs anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Another P
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K sport coil overs anyone?

So, searching the Internet, I've come across a brand called KSport. The price point is much lower than Bilstein, KW, or even H&R.
Since I never heard of the brand, AND the price point is low, I'm assuming they are knockoff style junk. But, I'll ask for help from the group here. Apart from uber status of the aforementioned brands, and the occasional purist snob on here (c'mon, you know who you are ), does anyone have any actual expeience with these?
Thanks as always for lively debate and opinions!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:11 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Another P
So, searching the Internet, I've come across a brand called KSport. The price point is much lower than Bilstein, KW, or even H&R.
Since I never heard of the brand, AND the price point is low, I'm assuming they are knockoff style junk. But, I'll ask for help from the group here. Apart from uber status of the aforementioned brands, and the occasional purist snob on here (c'mon, you know who you are ), does anyone have any actual expeience with these?
Made in Taiwan........
Old 05-20-2012, 05:29 PM
haulinkraut
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not too many 996TT guys running them. The older Ksport stuff had shock design issues that caused them to blow, but they changed that design to fix them. Supposedly the new ones are pretty good. I have not read of a single Porsche person say anything bad about them that have actually run them. The few that have them on the 996TT like them.

FWIW, I have the H&R coilovers and like them alot. I got them pretty cheap too.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Made in Taiwan........
So...........?
Old 10-24-2012, 05:08 PM
rickgrande
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of KSport RR and they work pretty good. Not as good as JRZ but better than PSS9
Old 10-24-2012, 11:43 PM
Another P
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess that's the issue. Everyone puts down the knockoff stuff, but we can't find anyone actually running them, or with real experience. Apparently, the company has changed hands or is a spinoff of another brand. The price point is awesome, but note only 1 year warranty if I recall. If I old get some legit positive user feedback, I'd consider them.
Problem is the 996tt community is more affluent, and spending 3-4k for suspension is not out of line, so finding budget minded guys running budget shocks are hard to find! Good luck.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:01 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Received 286 Likes on 197 Posts

Anymore reports on Ksports?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:38 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never used K-Sports on a Porsche, but I have installed/used them on other cars. No problems on most, but I had their setup on an Infiniti G20, and the adjustable camber bar (replaced the upper control arm) was a very poor design. We broke 3 of them before returning to the stock upper control arm and having no more issues. I never had an issue with the dampers or springs, but never put a ton of miles on them either.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:59 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Well one of my ksport shocks is leaking. I think is bottoming out as well.
I'm not sure if I should replace the shock or toss everything.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:25 PM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

i doubt you're bottoming out due to the design.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:45 AM
Forrest Gump 9
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had mine for about 1k miles now. Ride a lot better than stock. No complain here. I DD my car and the road here are nasty with lot of pot holes and patches, the coilovers made the car tolerable. Who would have though?
Old 05-15-2015, 09:29 AM
rmc1148
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why someone would put questionable parts on a Porsche much less a 911 is beyond me= buy a cheaper car and allow room for quality parts. I buy good quality with a proven track record. Don't get it period lol.

Last edited by rmc1148; 05-15-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:35 PM
Forrest Gump 9
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmc1148
Why someone would put questionable parts on a Porsche much less a 911 is beyond me= buy a cheaper car and allow room for quality parts. I buy good quality with a proven track record. Don't get it period lol.
Wow, not this **** again. Porsche 911 may be my dream car, but it's still just a car. If you know half the stuffs I done to my AMG you would go into convulsion (using non OEM parts, mixing parts from different makes, ie jeep parts in an AMG, OMG.....).

Get off your high horse dear sir!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:25 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 9
Wow, not this **** again. Porsche 911 may be my dream car, but it's still just a car. If you know half the stuffs I done to my AMG you would go into convulsion (using non OEM parts, mixing parts from different makes, ie jeep parts in an AMG, OMG.....).

Get off your high horse dear sir!
Thank you!

I swear some guys are proud of how much coin they have sunk into their cars.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:29 PM
911 Rod
Race Car

Originally Posted by geetee
i doubt you're bottoming out due to the design.
I talked to k sport and they feel the shock is probably bottoming out.

BTW I was impressed with the customer service on the phone and by email.

Their website was also very helpful explaining how the system works.

Quick Reply: K sport coil overs anyone?