Sponsored by:

CD Changer not recognized.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:01 PM
BT ZR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer not recognized.

I have done a search but not right on point. My factory unit does not recognize the CD changer. I know all fuses are good and the fuse in the back of the unit i replaced because that was fried which prevented the unit from ejecting the CD's in the magazine in the trunk. The battery is after market. It seems the PCM is not talking to the cd changer. I'm thinking it needs to be programmed ? Any thoughts or help?
Old 05-15-2012, 02:27 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awfully hard to say. What year model? It could be that the the PCM lost it's programming. If I remember correctly (somone will correct me if I don't), the PCM2 (MOST nav version) will automatically detect the changer. The standard head unit needs to be programmed to recognize it.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:56 PM
BT ZR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSST
Awfully hard to say. What year model? It could be that the the PCM lost it's programming. If I remember correctly (somone will correct me if I don't), the PCM2 (MOST nav version) will automatically detect the changer. The standard head unit needs to be programmed to recognize it.
03TT
Old 05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
SSST
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Double check all the fiber optic connections to/from the CDC to make sure nothing came loose and the fiber cables weren't accidentally damaged.

If you don't have the nav unit, then you probably need to go to the dealer to have them re-program it.

Beyond that, my knowledge on the topic has been exhausted. Good luck.

Quick Reply: CD Changer not recognized.