Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear spoiler fix: '01 vs '04? Microswitches ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Bruce8989
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear spoiler fix: '01 vs '04? Microswitches ?

I've got a '01 TT with the common spoiler problem. I've found an '04 deck lid complete-that has functioning hydraulics. Since its the same color - I thought I'd just swap the '04 deck for my deck, and be done with it.

I think I read that Porsche changed from the (2) micro-switch design on my year to one on later years? Does anyone know for sure? And if they did, any thoughts about how to make my wiring harness work with the new design?

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If the rams are leaking, no microswitch upgrade is going to fix a spoiler issue. With that being said, I recently replaced the entire hydraulic unit. The replacement came with everything including the wire harness. Instead of replacing the wire harnes I kept the old one in place. The new system would not keep the old micro switches in place. Used the replacement wire harness and the switches stay in place. Looking at the switches between both new and old, the switches look alike but the housing that retains them into the ram assembly is different, keeping the switces from pulling away and not being activated. Other than that I see no difference.

Quick Reply: Rear spoiler fix: '01 vs '04? Microswitches ?